First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there! Isn't it great to be a mom! I love being a mom and am so grateful my kids chose me to be their mommy! I also am so grateful for my mom and all that she has done and continues to do for me. Once again she is right, I do appreciate her more now that I have my own kids and can understand the love she shares with me! Love you mom!
We got back from LA this week and have just been treading water trying to stay afloat. It has been busy for Ronnie at work and me here with the apartments. Good thing Nana and Papa came yesterday or I think the suitcases would not be unpacked yet! We had a great trip; the weather was so great, sunny and warm! Near 100 a few days and the rest, around 90. We did Disneyland, Universal Studios, shopping, dining, playing at the pool, and the beach! Ronnie got to join us for Disneyland and Universal but then he had to go to work. Poor guy! We got to go to the beach and play play play! It was so nice to be able to just walk out the door and go whenever and wherever we wanted without having to worry about apartment appointments. Madison's highlight had to be meeting 3 princesses and getting to talk to each one at Disneyland. She even got to meet her very favorite, Cinderella. They were so sweet to her and listened so well as she told them all about their movies and how she loved each princess. Her dreams really came true at Disneyland that day!
Bex loved waking daddy up in the morning, who wouldn't love waking up to that face?!?!
Ronnie's conference was at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood, so we got a hotel within walking distance to the Walk of Fame, Grauman's Chinese Theatre, The Kodak Theater, etc. The hotel itself was great. We had unlimited DVD's, popcorn, drinks, candy, Popsicles at the pool etc...If you ever go to Hollywood, we highly recommend the Magic Castle Hotel. It is near the Magic Castle Magic Club, which is some exclusive magic club for adults. You get access if you stay at the hotel, but we didn't partake! The hotel however, we took full advantage of! It was so nice to have a kitchen in the room and a separate bedroom to put the kids down so we didn't have to be quiet after 8:30. Madison charmed the employees and they all knew her name by the end of the week. They also knew what we were going to do that day and what we did the day before! She even found a star with her name on it as we walked past an apartment complex called "The Madison" on the way to the mall that was near the hotel.
Bex is definitely fitting right into this beach loving family; he played in the sand, ate it, and even tried crawling into the water. Cold as it was, he still loved getting wet! I took the kids to Malibu to a favorite spot, Zuma Beach. It was near 100 that day, but felt just fine on the beach. We made sand castles, ran from the waves, and Madison even managed to lose the ball we were playing with because she buried it in the sand and then forgot where it was. We dug all over but had to leave it for another little explorer to find.
Other highlights from the week included:
- Dinner with Ronnie's Investment Congress friends at a Kosher restaurant on Wilshire Blvd.
- Walking to meet Ronnie each evening at the outdoor mall at the Hollywood Highland Center for dinner and playing in the fountains. http://www.hollywoodandhighland.com/
- The conference was a highlight for Ronnie. It is called the Value Investing Congress and takes place twice a year (New York in Nov and LA in May) and brings together the luminaries of the value investing world that Ronnie looks up to.
- The conference coincides with the Wesco Financial annual meeting where over 1500 attendees get to hear Charlie Munger (Warren Buffett's right hand man) speaks for three hours. Though this might sound boring to most of you, it is like a pilgrimage to Mecca for someone like Ronnie who worships Buffett and Munger
- Driving past the club Area (for all you The Hills fans out there!)
- Paying to park at Target!
- Reminiscing with Ronnie about when we were younger and went to Universal Studio's, a lot has changed! (No more Knight Rider, A-Team, ET) But the tour still has Jaws and he was still there scaring people!
- Watching Beckham play with the hundreds of balls in the Nickelodeon area at Universal- it's a little boys dream come true!
- Watching the dolfins play in the waves just off the shore at Zuma
- Having people make my bed, bring me fresh towels, and clean my bathroom for a week
- Driving in the car for 6 hours each way with my sweet family! I am serious, we love road trips!
This week my parents are in town for my sister's dance studio recital. We are excited for that. Madison gets to be a pink Mermaid this year and I am making an appearance doing the hula! Oh yeah, you read it right, I am doing the hula! However, no coconuts or grass skirts will be involved! And Ronnie promises not to reprise his Napoleon Dynamite rendition from last year's recital. Have a good week!


6 comments:
very nice post! I'll have to try out the slide show like you did. Glad you guys had a fun time.
Wow, so many things to comment on! First of all you are SPOILED, but it's okay because you deserve it :) I'm glad you guys had such an awesome vacation. I love that first picture of Madison and the sky. Disneyland looked like a blast, and I can't believe Bex didn't barf up that whole bottle that Ronnie is feeding him on the teacups! I can't believe you got to see dolphins, we are definately going to have to check out that beach! And I am seriously looking forward to some hula footage on the next post! Have a fun week with your fam!
Thanks guys, it was fun! And yes, I am spoiled-- and I love it!
Don't worry Jame, that was a T-cup that they have just sitting outside the ride like a bench you can chill on. We didn't go on the actualT-cups, I hate those things!
Jod, that is such unfair blackmailing (or manipulating, whatever it's called). The difference is that those hula pictures are sure to be hot, the lip picture is anything but that! But maybe, just maybe I'll give you your own private viewing if you promise to deliver the hula pics. I'm open to negotiations.
Hey I want in on some good pictures! I'm not sure what I have to negotiate with. What do you want? Anyway, what a fun fun trip Jodee! You did such a wonderful job with the collage and slide show. Great pictures! The one of Madison and the sky totally jumped out at me too. Adorable! It's fun that Beckham is old enough to have fun on vacations too. I'm impressed that the 12 hours of driving made the higlights list. I enjoy family time too, but what do you do in the car for 12 hours to keep it enjoyable? Have fun with your folks. Can't wait to hear about it!
Thanks for the compliment - being a mom is the most enjoyable and rewarding thing I have ever done. I am still enjoying it along with being Nana - of which you gave to me - thank you! This was really an awesome posting - love it.
Post a Comment