Where has summer gone?
I am feeling anxious today, like I am loosing grasp on a good thing and can't get it back. Because summer is fading fast and crazy jam packed fall is quickly approaching. I just registered Madison at school, updated our soccer registration, organized a meeting to plan our fall semester of music group, researched a few things for Beckham's co-op preschool and inquired about a new job at 24hr. Fitness. All of which will begin in September. It gave me the feeling that summer is over and my life is going to explode into frantic busyness. So what did I do about it? Well, I went and planned a bazillion play dates trying to hold onto what little summer is left. Nice. And now, I will post this random blog of our summer fun dating back into July because I am that far behind!
Besides sleeping in, wearing our pajamas all day, playing with neighbors and friends, going berry picking and eating countless Popsicles, here is a little of what we have been up to...
We got away with friends from church to go camping. Besides getting NO sleep, it was a great time. After we packed our tent up at that campsite, we moved out a bit further east and met my parents near The Gorge Amphitheatre in George Washington. They came up to help watch the kids so we could go see Cold Play at the Gorge. We saw The Police there last year and loved it so much that we decided to make sure we go out there at least once a year. The venue can't be beat and the crowds are completely entertaining on their own. Cold Play was amazing, they sure know how to play to the crowd. They moved around the audience, sent big yellow balloons around the crowd, and shot millions of paper butterflies out of giant canons. Besides rockin' out at the concert we swam with the kids at the campground and hung out in papa's truck cause it's "totally awesome" according to Bex.
We survived some record breaking temperatures here in the Puget Sound. One day we were the hottest spot in the nation! Yes, even hotter than Phoenix. This wouldn't be such a big deal except not very many people have AC out here because, "it doesn't get that hot in Seattle." Ya right! Our house reached 90 inside and I wasn't about to hang around to see how much hotter it got. I took the kids and lived at the lake, beach, and air conditioned mall for a few days! I am lucky that we live withing 10 min of about 4 lakes so I could take my pick! Thankfully those hot temperatures didn't last long and we are now back to our regular 75-80 degree summer days!



And I hope I don't offend anyone here, but I just can't stop laughing. Matt calls this one "Ronnie visits nature."
9 comments:
I totally agree with you Jodee. Summer is slipping by and I am already mourning it's loss. I will miss these carefree days full of nothing. But I have to admit, we have some good times planned this fall. At least we have things to look forward to...
So true!! Summer flew by but it looks like you had a GREAT one!
It is sad to see summer fade away. Looks like you guys made the most of it though. Good luck with all of your upcoming fall events. Looks like you'll have a fun busy time. Do you really know how to do anything else? You're amazing!
It is so sad when summer goes. Looks like you had a fun summer.
ps - last picture was the best. Lol!
You guys definately know how to do summer right! I still can't get over how beautiful it is there with so much fun stuff to do. I'm cracking up at Beau, you're lucky you got away with getting frogs instead of a dog! Thanks for calling, we've been out of town but I got your message. I'll be in and out tomorrow, but hopefully we can chat!
You guys pack so much fun into every season! As we drove past George on our way home from Idaho I thought how lame it is that we've never been there! The pix from scout camp are awesome, especially the one in wetsuits!
Have a great rest of the summer! And don't get too busy:) What's a preschool co-op?
Love the Ronnie nature shot. I'll be sure to forward that frequently.
I love reading on your page and seeing those beautiful pictures of your babies. Sounds like things are going to get busy for you. I would love to see you!! Thanks for writing on Curr's website. You always bring me to tears... Kiss your babies for me!
Post a Comment