Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Our last 3 year old

We have turned the corner from experiencing lots of "firsts" to experiencing lots of "lasts".  Or maybe my glass is just half empty these days.
I guess it's sad but depending on how you look at it...it can be really fun!
We have changed our last diaper, taken down our last crib, dealt with our last bout of terrible two's, cleaned our last high chair...see, it can be fun!  But I do get sad when I think too long about swaddling our last baby, having our last first birthday, encouraging our last kid to walk and talk...  
June marked our last 3rd birthday.  3 is difficult at times but I just love this age.  Their imaginations, the funny things they say, how their little minds work...  Grace has been such a sweet girl and so much personality to get to know.  She is all about her friends, her dancing, and anything PINK!  For her birthday she wanted to play at the park and go to McDonalds.  We had "Dibber" over in the morning and then picked up "Woren" for a trip to McDonalds and the park.  She also got to spend an evening with her best buddies and their families.  We had treats, jumped on the trampoline and opened a few special gifts.  She was the star that day, just the way she prefers it.  

A few memories of our Gracie Lu at 3...
Grace won't get out of bed.  She lays there and calls to us until we come in.
She always likes to play Dr. Grace
every dog she sees she will freak out and say "ITS A BABY DOGGIE!!  ITS A BABY DOGGIE!!  Oh!  It's SO cute!  And then she will tell us that she wants that doggie or a pink pouffy puppy.
She always tells us to roll her window down and then promptly wants it up because her hair is getting in her face.
She will show anyone she can convince her "ballet dance"
She loves Sophia the First
She is always talking about all her friends... Dibber, Woren, Hazel, Emma, Hudsy...
She is very polite and usually never forgets to say thank you unless she doesn't want to leave someones house.
She sings the same songs at bedtime in the same order... twinkle twinkle, ABCD, Dun Dun Dun (the emperors march from Star Wars) I am a Child of God, Jingle Bells, Frosty the Snowman and You are my Sunshine.  And she usually requests Ronnie to put her to bed because he sings them ALL.  Mommy makes her pick just one.  (And yes, I just had to ask her what they all were)
She loves being silly with her "bubby" and playing pretend with her "sisa".
Grace loves to read books and will sit with you as long as you are willing to read
She still sucks her two fingers and twirls her hair.

She is so much fun to have in our family.  We love you Grace.










 Uncle Todd gave her a special gift of Craisins just for her.  He was the lucky one who got to fish one out of her nose a few weeks prior.  They have a special bond.







5 comments:

Matt said...

She's one of a kind. Can't believe it's been three years already.

Melanie said...

Grace is one cute 3-year-old! What a doll!!

Jill H. said...

I love this post! Grace is so cute and so sweet!! And I loved your perspective on your firsts and lasts...well said, my friend, well said. Would it make you feel any better if I said you're in good company?!

foreveryoung said...

Three really is the best. I'm in the same boat as you, there are so many advantages of having them get older and more independant but it's still sad to think of never having a newborn again. She is such a sweetheart, I love getting to know her personality via your blog and I must say my favorite is that she makes you (er, Ronnie) sing the Star Wars song before bed. Love this age!

Janessa said...

Awe, what a cutie! It is such a hard and sad thing to watch your youngest so all their last's. I feel your pain! Cannon is the same way about getting out of bed. He will totally wait until we go get him, even if I'm telling him he can get up and come downstairs. Funny! Oh, and my two little boys love Sophia the First too. Ha, ha!