Back at it
After we returned from Europe I was ready to get back into the swing of things and that is just what we did.
A few things I want to remember...
Madison went on her first overnight school campout all by herself. She loved it of course. She was part of the committee responsible for putting together the slide show when they returned so she left armed with a camera. She came back with lots of fun pictures and memories. Some of her favorite things... canoeing, climbing the rock wall, crazy games in the forest and of course the "nerd" dance was her most favorite.
April also included my birthday where I was spoiled rotten once again thanks to my amazing friends and husband. I make him keep it low key and I know it kills him.
Madison's gifted program required the kids to submit entries to the annual Reflections contest. It is hosted by the National PTSA and is a cultural arts contest where students submit different pieces and genres of art based on a selected theme. Madison has submitted photography and has made it to the district level each year but this year she made it to the state level which is a pretty big deal. I must admit, each year the reflections contest rolls around I was not too thrilled about it. However, by the third year she was able to shoot, edit, and submit her work all on her own. This year she chose to photograph her dance teacher and Grace with the theme "Believe, Dream, Inspire". She was invited to attend a reception to accept her award on stage. It was definitely another proud mommy moment.
And to top off the fun, I got to take the girls to see our local children's theatre perform The Little Mermaid with some friends.
Grace selected her most treasured jewels and sat patiently while I curled her hair "like a Princess". We went to dinner at Panera and then watched the show. They did a fantastic job with it as always.










3 comments:
Way to go Maddie! I am so proud of her!
I love reading about your day to day life just as much as your amazing trips. Never a dull moment at the chapman household! That is so awesome about Madison's reflection entry, that girl is full of endless talent!
That picture that Maddie took is so good!! Looks like a bunch of fun girl stuff! :)
Post a Comment