The dilemma, BYU or U of O?
This week has been pretty normal, just trying to clean the house, pack, write the christmas letter, attend holiday parties, finish holiday shopping, and keep 2 kids, a husband, and 18 apartmetns in order. Like I said, pretty normal.
We are leaving for Vegas for a few days to see family and of course the BYU vs UofO bowl game. Now, I think I can safely say that I am a pretty loyal sports fan. Cheering for the almamatter BYU, or the home town team UofO has never been hard to do. However, what is a girl to do when they play eachother! I have to tell you, much to my husbands dismay, I am totally torn on who to cheer for. I grew up loving the Ducks, it is my home town team and I have spent a lot of time at Autzen Stadium where they play. I was either attending a UofO game, working the concession stands to raise money for my club team, or down on the field working as a student athletic trainer for my High School football team. On the other hand, I did graduate from BYU, have attended countless BYU games, and am married to the worlds biggest BYU fan. We will be at the game in the BYU sections, seated alongside Ronnies family who are just as passionate about BYU as he is. However, on the other end of the bench will be my dad who is, of course, cheering for the Ducks. It will be hard to sit in between my father, who taught me to love the Ducks, and my husband, who won't let me love anyone but the Cougars. I thought about wearing my BYU hat and my U of O sweatshirt and just cheer for whoever is winning. However, I think it will be safer just to wear black and remain totally neutral. I don't know, Go... Coucks?
Now for more meaningful and important matters, Madison sang in her very first Primary program. It was just one song, for Christmas, but we were so proud of her. Yes, my child was one of the ones waving to us like a little miss USA. It was so cute, she knew the whole song and sang it well. She is getting to be so big. Ronnie and I often catch ourselves looking at eachother in amazement at some of the things she says. Take for instance, the many times she has scolded me saying, "don't talk to me that way, it is not nice" after I ask her to do something. Or when she says, "Mommy, some day we can go to Africa, it is a continent" she is totally into geography. And the other day, she said "Ni Hao Mommy, that is how you say 'hi' in China." Way to go Madison, we are so proud of you!
Not much else to report, we are going to be gone for a week and a half so look for the great big Christmas/bowl game/new years post in a few weeks. Happy Holidays to you all!
Sunday, December 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ni Hao Jod! Jason would be very proud! Good luck with your predicament, that's a tough one, but just remember who you have to sit next to on the airplane and then drive all the way home with...you guys have a safe trip and a wonderful Christmas!
Come home already!! You've been gone for way to long!!! Hope your having fun!! I totally miss you guys!! Love - Rosa
Where did you get that gorgeous skirt?
We sure miss you guys. SF was one of the best times we have ever had.
Post a Comment