Monday, December 11, 2006

Fun with Friends!
This week we had a visit from our good friends the Youngs. They made a trip from Arizona to LA to go to Disneyland and see family. After a marathon Disneyland stop, they drove up to San Francisco to stay with us. It was so fun to see them again and let Madison and Kylie have more sleepovers. We took them to the city on Friday and walked them up and down San Francisco. We went to Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli square, Chinatown, and a small detour through some downtown lights on the way back to the car.

Jason treated us to some yummy Chinese pastries in Chinatown, and bought fans for the girls. We let the kids play at a park right in the middle of the city while we enjoyed our pastries. We then met up with Ronnie and went out to lunch at one of out favorite places to eat in Chinatown, House of Nan King. It is a little hole in the wall type of restaurant with the yummiest food. You sit down and they just start bringing it out.

Then we walked down to the wharf and saw the sea lions, robot man, and the Bushman. For those of you who are not familiar with SF, the Bushman is a guy that sits behind two branches that he uses to hide himself. It really looks like there is just a bush on the side of the walkway. As people walk by him he pops his head out and yells to scare them. It is so funny to watch him scare people time after time. He has gotten me a few times; it never fails, even though I know he is there. I am just waiting for someone to turn around and punch him. Ah, the many tactics of San Francisco's best street people.
After all that walking we took the Youngs to Ghirardelli Square for some yummy hot fudge sundaes. Then we walked all the way back downtown through North Beach, Little Italy, and some of the pretty downtown lights.

On Saturday we met up with our friends the Paces. All of us had lived in the same neighborhood out in Saratoga Springs, Utah so it was fun to be together again. We took them to Tilden Park in the hills above Berkeley for a train ride. I think Jayden enjoyed the ride, his eyes were wide and mouth dropped open each time we went through a tunnel, saw the steam, or heard the whistle. He was so cute.

After Tilden we went to get Pizza at the famous Zachary's. Ronnie and I love their pizza so we talked it up; I hope it lived up to our praises! We then walked through campus to eat at another Chapman family favorite spot, Naia Gelatto. We escaped the rain for a while to catch up and watch the kids play together. Even Jayden got in on the girly fun. It was sortof funny to see all the Berkeley students stare in amazement at our kids. The Youngs commented a few times this weekend that we were the only ones with strollers walking around San Francisco. I guess Ronnie and I are just used to it, but for the most part it's true.
The Youngs had to head back to Arizona so we said goodbye and then went with the Pace family to the Oakland Temple to enjoy the lights, listen to a choir, and see a dance company portray the life of the Savior. Madison really liked the dancing and especially seeing a real baby play baby Jesus. Todd enjoyed playing uncle to our little Beckham and held him any chance he could. He is amazing with babies, as Becca tells me, he would walk around with his son Curran patting his little bottom untill he fell asleep. I witnessed his baby whispering abilities while visiting them at the Hospital; he would hop up on Curran's hospital bed and just hold him for hours. He and Becca are such sweet parents, my kids adore them and their kids.

Ronnie and I were talking yesterday about how well our kids did this weekend. We were so busy running around San Francisco and they just hung with us the whole time. Beckham would just fall asleep in the arms of whoever was holding him. We are too lucky.

We had a great time and feel so blessed to have such amazing friends. It is so nice to keep in touch even though we don't live so close. We hope that we will have more visitors soon!

Today I took Beckham to the Dr. Office for his 6 month check up. He is still our little cubbers. He now weighs 18lbs. Him and Madison both received flu shots today and they were as tough as can be. Madison really surprised me when she paused just to say "owch" and then kept on talking to the nurse. Beckham whined a little but didn't get as upset as last time and he had four shots. I guess it doesn't hurt those thunder thighs.

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

awwww.....I love reliving the memories! What a fun weekend and thanks so much for sending me copies of those pictures, I don't know how I managed to pass up such great photo ops! Good thing you were on the ball! I'll get back to your other emails when (or should I say "if") life slows down. I was just having Jodee blog withdrawls and had to check for an update! Thanks again for everything!