Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Long time no post!
So we made it back from vacation, only to discover that the girl who watched our apartments had turned off the switch that gives power to the outlet our computer is plugged into. I have no idea how she managed to do it because the switch was taped in the on position and you would really have to dig around and force it down. But, there are a lot of things she did (or didn't do) that really surprised me. Anyway, after we figured that out, we discovered that the sudden loss of power did something to the computer and now it won't boot up properly. We are taking it in to get fixed soon. but until it is working again, I have been using Ronnie's lap top. Thus, the "long time no post." I finally gave in and decided to just download our pictures to his lap top to do my post. It's not as easy and not as fast as my computer but I just couldn't wait any longer, the pictures keep piling up!
We started off the holiday fun with an early Christmas at my sister Kellee's house. because we were not going to see them over the Holidays while they were going to Chicago and we were going to Omaha. We had a fun evening opening presents. My sister made Madison a doll, knitted Beckham a hat and made him a toy, and sewed me a skirt. She is pretty talented.

Then it was off to Las Vegas. Ronnie and I both have family out in Vegas so we stayed with his cousins Kent and Becca who used to live out here in SF. We always have a great time getting together with them and all the kids had fun playing together. Their oldest boy Caleb loves babies and thought Beckham was pretty cute. It was Caleb's birthday while we were there so we got to go to his 5th birthday party at Pump it Up. It is a huge warehouse filled with bouncy houses, slides, and obstacle courses. Madison had fun playing with all the boys and I was pretty surprised at how she held her own playing king of the mountain in the jousting bouncy house. She could take it and dish it out. The moms and dads were not left out by any means. We had a little too much fun racing on the obstacle course and having competitions with all of the other cousins and spouses. The Wagner family is pretty competitive so we weren't surprised when Kent started numbering us off into teams to race the course. I still have burns on my elbows from diving down the other side of the climbing wall to beat Ronnie in the end.

We were also able to visit with my family while we were there. My dad's youngest sister lives in Vegas along with my cousin Heather and her family. My parents were staying at their house so it was fun to all be together. Ronnie and I hadn't been to the Strip in a while so we took my mom, my grandma, my aunt, and the kids to see the sights. My grandma likes to see the decorations made out of flowers in the Bellagio so we did that and watched the fountains out front. Then we walked down to Ceasars Palace to the Forum Shops and took Madison to FAO Schwartz. She enjoyed the big piano and all the large stuffed animals.

And of course, how could I leave out the BYU bowl game. Yes, the Cougars defeated the Ducks in a not so exciting (at least to me, Ronnie thought it was great) but satisfying game. It was fun being there, seeing my home team and my alma mater together. My dad was with us decked out in U of O gear and while walking through the BYU tailgate party someone said "Hey man, your in the wrong tent" He didn't mind, he sat down with all of us BYU fans and never complained. He said he thought the Ducks were going to lose but didn't think they would get killed. It was a fun game and good memories. Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, I wore blue! Go Cougs!

After the fun was had in Las Vegas, we left our car at Kent and Beccas and hopped on a plane to Omaha Nebraska to visit Ronnie's sister Kristen and her family (see next post).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we write comments on here? will anyone respond anyway? Jodee, this is my first time visiting your BLOG, and I think it's adorable!! Your little family is so cute and it's fun to read all about you guys!! Keep posting!!

Love, Amanda

Jodee said...

Thanks Amanda, I am glad you enjoyed our blog. Thanks for checking in.
Jodee

foreveryoung said...

What a fun vacation(s)! You guys seriously know how to live life to the fullest, I'm glad you had such a fun trip/holiday. I'm glad Maddie is feeling better, that is no fun, but atleast she wasn't sick while you were on vacation, right? Congratulations to Ronnie on his race, he looks great in those pictures. Good luck on the half! Love you guys! Oh, what did you think about taking the kids on the strip? Last time we went we were the only ones there pushing strollers and we kind of got some funny looks (kind of like San Fran...)

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Checked out the blog after I got your Christmas letter. Good luck with your running Ronnie - I may just be inspired!
Meghan

Anonymous said...

I've visited your blog a few times. I found it through a friends blog that had a link to yours. Anyways I just wanted to tell you what a cute family you have. I love reading about all the adventures you have. I too am in a similar situation with 2 kids. You haven't updated for a while and I would love to hear about what is new with your family. Hopefully you don't think this is too weird.
Jill Stewart

Jodee said...

Thanks Jill, that is sweet. No, I don't think that is weird, I too am a "blog stalker"! I actually wrote a similar comment on a blog I came across who had a very similar situation as me (kids, apartmets, church etc..). Thanks for visiting, come back anytime!
Jodee