Sunday, September 05, 2010

Retired not expired!


My mom tried to retire once but I think she likes retirement parties because she went back to work and retired again.  We think this is the last time and she deserves to go out in style.  Kellee and I decided to take everyone to Rockaway beach on the Oregon coast for a weekend to celebrate.  We also celebrated seeing Ronnie again after 10 long days apart.  We missed him!  We spent time at the beach, in town, and hanging out at the house.  It is always fun to be all together.


The newly engaged couple!
On the way back to Washington we took the kids to eat at Mo's and play on the beach near haystack rock.  It was such a gorgeous day.  I love that my kids love the beach as much as I do.  I just wish they loved taking pictures at the beach as much as I do.  It was so nice to be back at the Oregon coast where there was more sand, less rocks, and slightly warmer temperatures.

This boy couldn't stay out of the waves
This girl is getting too cool for pictures

And this little one put her brand new little toes in the sand for the very first time.


The drive back to Washington sealed the deal for me.  No more road trips with this little one.  Ronnie took the other two in his car so I could take my time with Grace.  Take my time indeed!  He beat me by an hour and that was with a stop to let the kids play at the play land.  I lost count with the number of stops we made, she was not a happy camper for the majority of the ride.  This is not such a great characteristic in a 3rd child.  But other than in the car seat, she is a perfectly happy little girl and very mellow.  We'll take it!

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Congrats to your mom AND to Kellee and Rob, exciting! Gorgeous beach pictures, what a perfect, beautiful family you have (even if they hate the car ride :)

Anna said...

love the cute little sandy baby feet!