Bexifry
This boy throws me for a loop every day. He tries my patience to no end and then goes and melts my heart like nobody else can. He is stubborn, sweet, tempermental, goofy, defiant, caring, crazy and hilarious all rolled up into one adorable little body. He has been doing and saying the funniest things for quite some time now. Really, I could probably start a whole new blog about it.
Last weekend I had pulled over to the side of the road so I could call a friend for directions. The kids were being especially loud and crazy in the back. After many failed attempts to get them to be quiet so I could hear my phone conversation I finally hung up the phone and let them know just how rude they were being. After my lecture they asked if they could still have dessert when they got home. I told them I would think about it but asked if they knew why I didn't really want to give them a treat when they got home.
Beckham: "Because we weren't listening to you?"
Me: Yes, you weren't listening to me when I asked you to be quiet, that's right."
Beckham: "Check one for Beckham!"
I had to hide my laughter.
He worked hard to stop sucking his fingers and celebrated by having some friends join him at the bouncy houses. We went to dinner that evening and also had cupcakes per his request. Yesterday I caught him sucking his fingers at church. I thought maybe it was just a small re-laps and didn't think much of it because it was the first time I had seen him do it in a long time. When I tucked him into bed later that night he went to put his fingers in his mouth when he turned over to go to sleep. He caught himself and tucked his arms under his blankets. When Ronnie got home I asked him to check on Beckham and see if he was sucking his fingers. Sure enough, he was. Ronnie asked him why and he proceeded to tell him that he just stopped long enough to get his party and then after that, he went back to sucking them at night when we can't see him. Nice! At least he's honest right?
We took care of our friends' kids this week while their parents were out of town. They think Beckham's "accent" is pretty funny and try to get him to repeat words like "thirty" (firty) or "Grace" (Gwace) He eventually got tired of being a parrot and decided to mess with them back.
"Beckham, count from 30-40."
"OK." He sits in silence
"Beckham, count from 30-40."
"OK" Still sitting in silence
"Beckham, why aren't you counting?"
"I am... in my head. Ah ha ha ha!"
The other week after church Ronnie noticed Beckham rubbing his eyes and whining a little. He told Ronnie that his eye hurt but he wouldn't let either of us look at it. He walked to the car and rode the whole way home with one hand over his eye crying most of the way. He was NOT letting us look at it so we finally had to pin him down and pry it open. What I found was that a whole section of his eyelashes had gotten stuck under his bottom eyelid. They were laying across his eyeball and tucked down under the bottom eyelid. How does that happen? Once I got them unstuck, he immediately stopped wailing and started to smile. Yes people, this boys eyelashes are THAT long!
He LOVES to play outside. I let him in the backyard all the time but if he wants to go out front I have to be with him. Madison plays out in the front with her neighbor friends quite often so he is always wanting to go too. One such day she left to play with friends outside and Beckham pitched a fit when he couldn't go with her. Grace was taking a nap and about to wake up so I told him he could go out with us when she woke up. This wasn't satisfying to him and he proceeded to pitch a gigantic fit. I told him he could play in the backyard or stay inside with me until Grace was awake. He stopped whining and went to put on his shoes. As he left to go out to the backyard the thought occurred to me that he had stopped whining quite easily and seemed to relent quicker than usual. Then I looked outside and he was nowhere to be found. When I went to see what he was up to I found him scaling the fence trying to escape to the front yard. This is no easy task but he was nearly over it when I caught him.
"Beckham, what are you doing?"
"Nothing"
"Were you trying to climb over the fence?"
"No"
"Well then what were you doing up there?"
"Just exercising."
"Oh, ok."
And lastly, I will leave you with a little video.
Beckham has been trying for nearly a year to go down the stairs in the laundry basket. When he asks, we tell him it's not a good idea and he could get hurt. But I don't think that is why he hasn't done it yet. When he really wants to do something he usually finds a way to do it no matter what we say (like jumping off the center island into a pile of pillows). What I really think is that he totally wants to take that ride in the laundry basket but is too scared. Well, today while I was in the bathroom drying my hair he came running in with a huge smile on his face.
"MOM! MOM!, I did it!"
"What did you do?"
"I went down the stairs in the laundry basket!"
"Oh really?"
"Yeah, come see!"
So we go to the stairs and he tries to explain exactly how he did it.
"But when I got to the bottom, I bonked my face on the wall, my head hurts a little"
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, watch!"
So he shows me how he went down the top part of the stairs, flying down and landing on the "landing" just before the stairs turn to lead down to the front entry. The basket tips and dumps him out smashing him against the wall. It looks like it really hurts, and I think it does but he is so excited he doesn't mind. Then, I have a moment of craziness which goes against every mommy instinct I have and proceed to tell him that he should try going down the bottom half of the stairs. There are more stairs and no wall at the bottom. What am I saying? He agrees and this is what results-- enjoy!
Oh my, I love this kid!




7 comments:
He is such a stinkin cute kid! Watch out ladies!
Okay, I don't mean to be one of those people, but I can't tell if you have a railing or a half wall next to your stairs, and my friend had a railing and her son did the exact same thing except he stuck his arms out at some point and got it stuck in the railing as he was flying down the stairs in the laundry basket and broke his arm in 2 places! So be careful, I guess! It does look like so much fun! My friend and I used to pile pillows at the bottom and slide down her steep stairs in sleeping bags when we were kids. He is so cute and I love that you're recording the things he says!
I loved reading everything...that boy is so dang cute! I love his personality! Peter asked during church yesterday if we could have Beckham over again to play. I told him we would. :)
I loved this post! It made me happy. He is adorable all the way around!! :)
what a cutie!!! All of these stories were so great. What are you going to do all day when he starts kindergarten? Your day will seem so boring:) I love your description of him at the begining. Said like a true mom. And, can I just say that you are the most perfect mom for him.
I just read all of the sweet comments that you left on my blog. Thank you so much! You guys are welcome to visit us any time! We should plan with Jamie and have a big Cazier, Young, Chapman Texas reunion:)
I am dying at that video, the look of sheer joy on his face is just too much! What a great post, he is stinkin hilarious and stinkin cute!
Awesome blog you have hhere
Post a Comment