Here Comes the Sun
The SUN has been shining on Seattle-- shhh, don't say that too loud, it may go away...
We have been out enjoying it while we can. Dare I say summer is here to stay? Eeesh, hopefully I didn't just jinx it, cross your fingers! And yes, the sun deserves it's very own blog post in my book!
A few weeks ago, wait, make that a few months ago (yikes) we kicked off the sunny weather with a trip to the Ballard locks with some fun friends. We love Ballard on a sunny day. The boats are entertaining, herons are fun to watch when they dive down and catch fish, the water is nice to listen to and if you have some good friends, it makes it even better. We ended the day with a stop for some dinner and then out for some fro-yo. It was my birthday the next day so I got to choose dessert ;)
ALL Ballard pics courtesy of Mateo!
Grace has been enjoying the sun too. She has found a love for swings, slides, and wood chips--mmm, yummy!
However, she does not enjoy the grass quite as much. On this particular day, she found the one and only spot in the grass that had a drain cover where she could sit comfortably surrounded in green but not have to touch it much.
So then I took her to the middle of the grass far from any drain cover or pavement and she just stayed put. Now I know how to keep her still.
Beckham always enjoys a nice sunny day. Every time the sun is out he will say "mom, we should go to the park today, it is sunny outside!" I guess he knows you must take advantage of the sun here in Seattle.
So cheers to many many more sunny days in Seattle. We can't get enough!















4 comments:
I loved the Ballard Locks, that reminds me of my trip to see you! I love all your pictures, it looks like you're having fun w/photoshop :) That Gracie is seriously too cute!!
We never went to Ballard Locks. Opps. Gracie is so cute & big. Since I've been gone 1/2 her life it seems like she must be growing super sonic fast.
I love all of the pics of your cute fam!!! And I still laugh everytime I see that picture of all of us...Beckham and Peter are just too much!
If you need a little more sun in your life, come on down for a visit. We have LOTS to share. A nice cloudy day would actually be kind of nice:) I LOVE all the pictures. Fantastic! That little Gracie is just too cute! She's getting so big too. I love the grass aversion. I've had a couple of kids that were like that at that age.
Post a Comment