Monday, October 03, 2011

Farewell Friends


I think this may be part of the reason my blog has been getting left in the dust.  
I have been avoiding this post.  
If I don't post it, it didn't happen right?  
Nope, wrong.  

Our good friends moved to Arizona this summer leaving behind many unhappy people.  
It was a long drawn out goodbye that I don't ever want to do again.  
They are surely missed by many, especially the Chapman clan.  Our kids ask almost daily when we can see the Molens again.  I ask almost hourly why I didn't hide away in their boxes and go to sunny AZ with them!

The goodbye saga started with a surprise going away party that included a limo, bowling, soccer, shopping, beanie babies, cherry pits, potty putters, quizzes, and lots of laughs.





A bit closer to the actual departure we had another farewell soccer game complete with opening ceremonies, referee, and half-time snacks!  
After soccer the ward gathered for a farewell breakfast at the park.











It all ended with a fun date night, sleepover, and very tearful goodbye.
It is rare to find another family that you get along with so well. The kids, the parents- all across the board our families clicked from the start.  We don't necessarily have kids the same age either- it just worked.  
From traveling together, concerts, BYU games, Young Mens, working out, Photography, Soccer, Wheel of Fortune try outs, trapeze class, parties... we could go on and on with these people.  
It's true, we are in different states now.  But I know we will remain close.  There just isn't any other way around it.





















We love you Molens.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Wow, normally I have something moderately snarky to say after a blog post, but you've left me speechless.

Thanks again for making us feel so loved and cared for. Thanks to you and Ronnie for some times that we'll never ever forget. Thank you for being such amazing friends.

And thanks for posting a picture of my sweet soccer moves. It's good for the world to see those documented.

Alisha said...

Oh Jo. That brought tears to my eyes and reminded me of what we left behind. What were we thinking?!? We miss all the good times we shared with you guys but look forward to the many more to come. Thanks for the post. We feel honored to be called your friends.

Loves and Hugs,
Alisha

foreveryoung said...

What a send off, they must be a pretty amazing family! I totally need to contact her still and you guys totally need to come down for a visit!

Janessa said...

It's so sad to say goodbye to close friends like that. I'm sure it was hard for them to leave friends like you behind. I agree with Jamie, that was quite the send off. What sweet friends!