Flyin' High
Groupons sure do make life a whole lot more interesting. I never thought I would be swinging from a trapeze and flying through the air but I did... and I liked it and I went back for more and I recruited friends along the way and then I went back again!
The first class Alisha and I learned a knee hang while our recruitor Shelly completed her whip. The second class Lish and I learned the "heels off" and my sister tried out the knee hang. The third class we learned the whip and convinced two other friends to join in for their first class.
Each class they teach you a move on the ground and then throw you up on the trapeze to try it out. Once you perfect your move you get a cowbell and are cleared to attempt the catch with some hunky guy who swings over on another trapeze. All three times we were able to be caught and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! The staff at Emerald City Trapeze were all so fun and made you want to join the circus.
It was a total rush and felt pretty great when you flew off that bar and grabbed ahold of those "catch hands" mid air!
This is the first move we learned. I don't have video of the actual first class but I demonstrated the "knee hang" at the second class for those who were there for the first time.
This is the second move I learned, the "heels off". Probably my favorite one because we actually let go of the bar before we were caught, making us official "flyers"!
This move was the whip. I really loved this one too but I did it SO many times before the catch that my arms got tired and I peeled off two times. So, for the catch I modified my swing a little so that I wasn't putting so much pressure on my arms. I didn't get to practice the modification before that catch so I was pretty excited when I caught it on the first try! They don't let you catch again, once you are caught, you are done for the day.
Even with bruises on the backs of my knees and heels I totally loved it and would go back for a fourth round if it wasn't so darn expensive! I loved it though and am proud to be able to say I am a flyer!
6 comments:
That was so much fun!! I can't believe we actually did that. :) What's next on the list? Skydiving??
Nah!
Yes...I think you should skydive next! John and I did it in Hawaii and it was so cool! :)
Dude, that's awesome! It looks like a blast and the hunky guys are just a bonus :) You're like total pro with your pointed toes and perfect form.
Seriously impressed!! You totally looked like a pro!!!
That Was AWESOME! We loved watching you fly! That whip was cool.
That was amazing! You look like an old pro. I'm so impressed!!!
Post a Comment