Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Rainier



Memorial Day was the day before school started this fall.  We had such a fun summer that we wanted it to last forever.  We decided to make the most of our last weekend of summer break and take a last min. day trip to Mt. Rainier.  Boy am I glad we did!  The weather was beautiful and we just had the best time hiking around and spending time with friends.  This place is breathtaking!  All I had was my phone but it really didn't matter, it was gorgeous no matter how you looked at it!  
We will definitely be going back!









 The kids were such troopers!  We did a lot of hiking and they hung in there the whole day.

 The dad's were troopers too carrying the littles on their backs the majority of the day.




 Madison and Beckham were trying to lighten Ronnie's load a little.  



 I wanted to break out singing "The hills are alive..." the whole day.  
Is this place for real?







Yep, he's headed for that log.







2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Breathtaking!! I can't believe that is in your back yard. I can't wait to come explore your neck of the woods in March!

Marisa said...

At first I was thinking we were there on the same day, but I think we went the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. We must be on the same wavelength! It really is so beautiful, I was wondering why we don't go there more often! I'm always quoting the Sound of Music and Carson and the kids think I'm crazy because they haven't seen it and I can never get them to watch it with me!