Fall happenings
And a few random fall happenings that we don't want to forget...
Madison's Dance team performed at Pickering Barn. It was a fun showcase and she had an adoring fan come to watch her.
They were also in the Salmon Days parade which was so very exciting. They learned pretty quickly just how gross walking behind a car for 2 hours can be.
I took some family pictures for friends and a first time infant shoot. It is such a hard thing for me. I really do love taking pictures but I know I am no professional. So when friends ask I have a hard time saying no but taking other peoples pictures gives me such anxiety. I stress way too much and it takes the fun out of my photography. I can only handle it a few times a year ;)
Madison participated in another Reflections competition for photography. Her photo won for the school, then for the district and then went to state and got an award of excellence. The theme was Believe, Dream, Inspire and she wanted to take pictures of her dance teacher and Grace.
She entered this picture of their feet in black and white
We took the kids to a couple Sounders Games. Always a great time! Especially when Grace decides to sing "We are never ever getting back together" at the top of her lungs the whole walk to and from the stadium. I think she was on youtube a few times that night.
And we can't forget Beckham's "around the world" concert. This is our schools version of a holiday concert but because they are so incredibly PC there is not one song about the holidays. They pick a culture and could dress up if they wanted. Some kids did, some didn't. Beckham surprised us all and choose to dress up. This is my kid who won't even wear his pajamas on pajama day. He wanted a Native American costume and decided so the night before! I couldn't resist the opportunity to actually dress him up so we went to work. He made his feather headband and necklace and I whipped up that little felt number and slapped a tribal salmon on the front. We were pretty darn proud of ourselves.
You would think by the looks of my pictures we were in the very back. No, we were actually in like the 5th row. I just didn't join the pile of parents in the aisles clicking away at every song and note sung. Does that make me less of a parent?
And this is what Grace thought of the whole thing.



















3 comments:
The pics turned out awesome :)
Life is never dull at the Chapman's house! I so wish we could be dance moms together, what incredible experiences Madison has had. That is so awesome about her reflections picture and your photo shoots turned out so great! No wonder you're getting requests all the time. I'm with you, though, so much stress it takes the fun out of it. And I so wish you would have taken a video of Grace singing, hilarious! Nice job on the indian costume and boo for politically correct schools! Phew, I think that covered everything :)
Jodee, you're an amazing photographer!! Seriously!! Those pictures are so great. hahaha! Know what you mean about the parents in the aisles and everywhere else with their cameras going at the school concerts. Makes me laugh every time!!!! Great Fall catch-up!
Post a Comment