BYU bonding
Ronnie took Bex to a couple BYU games in the fall. It was during some pretty peak anxiety times for our little guy but he ended up loving each trip. The first one was to Provo for the BYU Texas game. We played a little trick on daddy and Bex wore his Texas shirt under his hoodie. He was so excited to trick daddy and couldn't wait to show him when they were on the plane. Daddy found out I helped with this little prank and decided to get me back by texting me a picture of him eating a big bowl of pinkberry, my most favorite treat. Touche my love.
I'm glad they got to spend this time together and with Ronnie's family. They were even able to make it up to see Grandma and Grandpa Turpin for a bit.
And to top it all off, they saw Charles Abouo in the airport on the way home.
Next they went to Chicago for the BYU Notre Dame game. My report was that it was FREEZING! They did the quick tour and hit all the spots. Chicago Pizza, Sears Tower, The Pier and a little hotel swimming.
After the Game Ronnie took him to eat at the student center at ND where they put on a big buffet after the games. Bex came home and reported that he will be headed to Notre Dame for college. This was the conversation I overheard between him and brogs
Bex: "Brogs, I think we should go play football together at ND instead of Texas."
Brogs: "why?"
Bex: Because the students get to eat at this place that has every food you could ever think of!"
Brogs: "Really? Like what do they have?"
Bex: "Like Tortillas!"
I couldn't stop laughing. Whatever gets them to college works for me. I just told him he will need to get a scholarship if he wants to go there!
Crazy boys. I sure do love them and am so happy they can share this love of BYU football for many years to come.











3 comments:
What an awesome tradition and fun memories for years to come! So glad Ronnie has a boy to share his love of byu football with. That is so sad about beckham's anxiety, just pictureing him huddled under the stands just breaks my heart.
Great memories!! Ronnie was in football heaven...and it is inevitable that Beckham will love BYU as much as his dad!
Love those BYU true blue through and through fans!!! What fun trips!
Post a Comment