Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Halloween 2013

Halloween, what can I say.  I have the same dilemma each year.  I dislike this holiday with a passion and my kids think it's one of the greatest holidays ever, right up there with Christmas and their birthdays.  
Each year I swear it is the last year Madison will trick or treat.  
Each year I say they will only beg for candy at 5 houses max. 
 Each year I say I will make them a cute, creative, unique costume.  
And each year they end up trick or treating for hours, hoarding bags of candy in their totally generic store bought costumes from a bag.  Lame. 
 But each year it is their most favorite Halloween ever and I couldn't be happier with that.

Our traditional Spooky Supper- This year we had Jack-o-lantern quesadillas, bones and blood, spider salad and monster mouths, ghosts and eyeballs.

 This year we had a greek goddess, Army man, and tinker bell

 And no more tricky pumpkin carving patterns.  We stuck to our guns and had them each draw what they wanted.  Much better!

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

For a mom that hates Halloween, you sure do a great job making it memorable! The things we do for our kids, right? :)

Jill H. said...

I didn't know you felt this way about Halloween. Your dinner is impressive! What do you do for the holidays that you love??!! : )