Goodbyes again
I think I'll just crawl in a corner and not come out now. Our friends keep moving away and I'm pretty tired of it. I have never been one to not make friends for fear they might move away but I am starting to see why this could happen. It hurts. We meet some pretty incredible people here. A lot of us don't have family close by and these friends become just that. We spend holidays together, travel together, take care of each others kids and just become like family pretty quickly. It stings when they move away and I'm not sure I can take it anymore. You hear that people, NO MORE MOVES! You got that? Park it!
The Garretts moved to Wa. with the idea that it would be a 2 year stay. I know, I was warned. They ended up staying even longer and we are so lucky we got them for the time we did. Bex and Brogs were instant friends. They shared a friendship like none other. They just got each other. They had the same heart I swear. They are the sweetest friends and as much as I miss their entire family, I really miss those two boys being able to be together. They still 'face time' and write and count down the days until they see each other again but we really miss the day to day with them together.
Before they left we took the boys out of school and surprised them with a trip to iFly. It was a blast!
It was a hard few weeks leading up to their move. Bex cried just about every night. He wanted so badly to move right along with them. We had a lot of "lasts" that were hard. Last walk up the hill from school, last carpool home, last play date etc...
But we put on our big girl (or boy) panties and gave them lots of hugs and teary goodbyes and sent them on their way.
It's a good thing we are pretty good about getting out to Utah now and then. Because not seeing these guys again sure would stink. We don't regret one bit of becoming so close with our friends here. Even if they do leave us. We are better because of these relationships.
And I'm even more grateful for all of our amazing friends that DO stick around here in Seattle. Because seriously, I'm starting to get a complex, maybe it's me...














1 comment:
Good byes are so hard! You're right, as hard is it is to say good bye to your friend, it is even harder to see your kid say good bye to theirs. What an awesome way to celebrate their friendship with indoor skydiving, that's a memory they won't forget! And you are the type of friend that never lets distance hinder a friendship, I've learned that first hand and am so grateful that over the miles and over the years you are still such a great friend!
Post a Comment