Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Utah bound

Road trips are kind of our thing.  Ever since Ronnie and I started dating we took lots of road trips.  Just us in his little green Acura with a good mix CD and a snack.  We did road trips well.  Now that we have kids we have tried to introduce them to the beauty of a good road trip.  Some of the time there are groans and moans of a long boring drive but I think they are starting to see the fun in it all.  They have always been great travelers so we keep taking them, hoping they develop thier love for road trips and adventure too.
This time we headed to Utah for the 4th of July.  

Wilson's favorite road tripping spot.

Before even making it down to Grandma and Grandpa Chapmans, we met up with our sweet friends who we miss dearly, the Garretts.  They took us to dinner and then on an adventure to Antelope island which we had never been to.  It was so beautiful.  We found the friendly buffalo and some antelope which was a must right?  And then walked out to the salty water of the Great Salt Lake where the kids played and we took about 759 pictures.  It really was breathtaking.

They missed their Wilson friend
Avs and Mads were taunting him 







These kids love each other so much.  Every one of us misses every one of them.  If they can't be here in Washington with us, I guess Utah is the next best place since we go pretty often.

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

I can't believe we lived in Utah for so long and never went to antelope island! Every time I see pictures it makes me want to go, and after this I'm definitely adding it to our bucket list. I love that you're passing along your love of roadtrips and wanderlust to your kids.