Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Baby Beckham
Beckham has been changing a lot lately and I thought I would let you all know his new tricks.











We got really excited a few weeks ago when after 4 months of unsuccessfully trying to get him started on solid foods, he one day decided to allow us to feed him carrots. He would actually open his mouth on his own so that we could feed him. Well, it was very short lived. He is back to pursing his lips together, turning his head, and spitting what little bit gets in right back out at us. But we made sure to capture the brief moment of triumph on camera; he had it all over!
He is really starting to crawl. He can get anywhere rolling, but he is now starting to get up on his hands and knees and rock back and fourth. When he gets going, he will lunge himself forward and fall to his tummy, moving a few inches. It is pretty cute to watch, he really gets going with the rocking and then shoots forward; sometimes landing on his face.

He has a few teeth coming in. One of his front bottom teeth came in a few weeks ago along with a terrible cold, croup, and double ear infection. He started feeling better and now his other bottom tooth is trying to poke through, causing more congestion and pain. However, true to his nature, he remains happy.

It is amazing to see how much he looks like Madison at this age. They have the same smile and cute little nose. It's funny how he also looks a lot like Ronnie and I, depending on the angle. From the front he usually looks a lot like Ronnie, but from the side he is a spitting image of me when I was a baby. Chubby cheeks and all. He really is a good mix of us both. When I am out with him alone people tell me how much he looks like me. However, if Ronnie is there, they always say he looks just like his daddy.

His best friend is still his big sister. He can be tired, hungry, sad, and hurt and he will still give a huge smile when he sees his sister. It has been wonderful having her to help me out. If he is getting fussy and I need a few more minutes to get something done, I will ask her to go play with him and she runs over and he is happy as a clam. The novelty of a new baby in the family has still not worn off, she still tells everyone we see that "this is my Beckham, he's soooo cute!" And she will hug and kiss him any chance she gets. They are great pals and I pray they always will be.

He is changing fast and I am starting to miss my little baby already. He is getting to the point of not wanting to be held as much, always wanting to get down and go. He plays really well by himself and can entertain himself until he is ready for a nap. That is when I can get my cuddles in. When he is tired he will snuggle a little and let me sing him a song and rock him for a few minutes. But, then he will let me know he wants to be put down in his crib. He rolls over, grabs his blanket, puts his fingers in his mouth and goes to sleep. I couldn't ask for sweeter kids, we feel so blessed that they are healthy, happy, and such sweet additions to our family.

3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

So cute! I loved all the pictures (especially the black and white ones) and all the updates. He is getting so big, and still as cute as ever. It's funny, in some of the pictures his hair looks more brown, in some more blonde and the one of him laying on the ground it looks red! I know how hard you've worked for those solids, that stinks it was so short lived! good luck!

Heather said...

It sounds like Beckham and Carson could be twinners, except Beckhams cheeks are a bit chunkier...he's adorable. I finally updated my page. Check it out.

Anonymous said...

your babyes are too cute for words!!!