Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Break out the Flip Flops!

It is February and we spent the weekend outside! It was at least 70 degrees and we took full advantage of the beautiful weather. It was so great to have Ronnie home on Monday and we all soaked up the daddy time. We went to the East Bay, which is a what we do most weekends, and had a picnic at the park. Then we walked around different developments and looked at houses. Ronnie and I love looking at model homes in the area and dreaming of the day when we will be able to afford such a place. There are many amazing homes in this area, but as most of you know, they have outrageous prices to go along with it. Still, we are dreamers, and Madison loves pretending that we are coming to visit her at her house as she shows us around.
Earlier in the week I was spoiled with a beautiful and romantic Valentine's day. I always leave the planning up to Ronnie. I say it is totally a girls holiday so the guy should do the organizing. Also, his birthday is just four days before, so by then my creative brain is fried. He never lets me down and always finds new ways to surprise me. This year was no different. On Tuesday I came home from the gym and found a dozen long stem roses on the front door step. They are beautiful and I am still enjoying them as I carefully change the water and cut the stems each day to prolong their life. Wednesday Madison got a special delivery as well. She opened a box with a little baby rose bush inside. She loves getting surprises and was so happy that daddy didn't forget his other Valentine. Rosa even received special flowers at work from Ronnie; he thinks of everything! She came over that evening to watch the kids while Ronnie and I went out for a night on the town. We went to a great restaurant called "Mantra" in Palo Alto. It was California/Indian fusion. We had some pretty spicy chicken but it was delish! It was the "want to eat more, addicting spicy" not the "yucky spicy". I wish I brought my camera with me because it was as beautiful as it was tasty. Then, it was off to the city for the world premier of the Broadway show Legally Blond. It was so great! If any of you get a chance to go, I definitely recommend it. It wasn't your typical emotionally moving Broadway show; it was just a great time. So funny, and so well done. It followed the movie pretty closely which was fun because I enjoyed the movie too. Ronnie also surprised me with tickets to see Christina Aguilera next month in March. That should be a great show as well; she has an amazing voice and is a good live performer. Not to mention the winner of a few Grammy awards. I am definitely spoiled. Gosh, and all I got him was a cute new outfit. Since he has lost so much weight all of his pants are very baggy on him. In fact, his co-worker Eric has coined a phrase to describe his latest look: casual hip hop. So, I thought he could use a belt and some new threads. Needless to say, we had a most wonderful time and, once again, I was so very grateful for spending yet another Valentine's Day with my best friend. I love you baby!
Madison had a Valentine's party at preschool where they made and passed out Valentines to each other. Madison decided she wanted to make candy necklaces to bring to all her friends. So, the enthusiastic mom that I am, I helped her make 22 candy necklaces by wrapping and tying various pieces of candy in saran wrap (like a candy leis). It took way too long and next year, she is passing out those silly little cards that all you have to do is write her name on them! She has been having fun lately dressing up her little brother so that he can play dress-ups with her. Her latest find is the little pink cowgirl hat that never fit her big head but is a perfect fit for Bex right now. He takes it all in stride and isn't too upset with the princess attire that often adorns his head.
Beckham has been turning into quite the little monster this past week. He is really starting to get frustrated with the whole mobility issue. He crawls backwards like a champ, however, he usually ends up screaming in frustration because he is either stuck in a corner (pictured below) or under a table, or he is moving further away from his intended target. I know, "nice one mom", I just catch it all on film and camera before going to his rescue. He also has been enjoying the blinds lately. He is either pushing them aside to look out the window or lying on his back and squealing with delight at the noise they make as he kicks them. The bigger picture of him is his new pilates moves. I find him doing this quite often. I have taught him well. Madison has decided to take after her daddy with his running so Beckham is my little apprentice, already doing the "plank". We just have to work on the form a little. He has also mastered the "downward dog" and various leg lifts. Those thunder thighs are all muscle and I know there is a six pack under that Buddha belly!











And lastly, I ask for your prayers for my husband. He is really frustrated right now because he hurt his calf muscle on his birthday at the end of a 16-mile run and it hasn't felt right since. He is getting nervous that he won't be able to run the marathon in April because it is just getting worse instead of better. He is going to the doctor this week so please keep him in your prayers, that he will be able to start training again, and complete his marathon. We hope you all had a fun weekend and enjoyed the extra time off. We love and miss you all, so keep in touch! Oh, by the way, did you know that we love getting comments!

3 comments:

Al MacDiarmid said...

As I approach the 3/4 century mark I look back on advances in photography. Here you have taken and posted all these photos in color while when I was Beckham's age my mom took a picture of me with her box camera in black and white of me eating a garden slug. What the heck, it was the depression and she said it was the only meat I got that week. There is only one paper copy of that picture and it is an album. I took a picture of the picture thus converting it to modern technology, but it is not the same as what we have now. I love digital photography. Al in Newman lake, WA

foreveryoung said...

Talk about SPOILED! Geeze, Ronnie, you're making it hard for all the other hubbys to keep up! I'm glad you guys had such an amazing V-day. And Jod, I thought of making homemade treats for Kylie's party, but resorted to the already made type and I would highly recommend it, although I'm sure those necklaces turned out great! I love Bex and his "crawling" pictures, what a cutie! We'll keep Ronnie in our prayers, keep us posted!

Carson Calderwood said...

Ronnie, is your leg really hurt or are you just using that to get some TLC?