Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I heart my girlfriends!
We started the week with a visit from our friends the Young Family from Phoenix, Arizona. Jason had a business trip take him to Pleasanton, so he brought Jamie and the kids along so they could come and visit too. It was great to see them all and we made the most of the few days we had together. The girls ate up the friend time with 2 sleepovers, twinner outfits each day, and a trip to Fairyland. Fairyland is amusement park for little kids that has a few rides and some storybook sets for the kids to play on. I joked with Jamie and said it was more like Ghettoland. It was a bit rundown, but the kids could care less; they had a great time.

While Jamie was here, we went out to see our good friend Becca Pace and her new little baby boy. Kylie and Madison had a ball when they were able to hook up with Savannah and Claire Pace, and Hannah Sively. We had dress-ups flying, nails being painted, and dances being choreographed on the spot. It was so good to get the girls together again- big and little! And little Caulder is ADORABLE! Just like his big brother and sisters! We love you Pace Family!









We then ditched our company and flew off to Seattle once again...

I heart the PNW!
We headed back up to Washington to see our friends the Calderwoods. Ronnie had some business to take care of there but other than that we were able to visit, play, and relax with the Calderwoods. We met them out in Baltimore while Ronnie was doing Investment Banking and Carson was going to dental school. They are such great friends; it was like we had never been apart. (The picture of the three kids to the left has been appropriately named the 40 pounder club. Trevor-6yrs, Beckham-2yrs, and Madison-4yrs, all weighing in between 39 and 40 lbs. Just distributed a bit differently!)

Some highlights include:

  • Getting to celebrate Trevor's 6th birthday with him and his friends and family
  • Letting their Beckham and our Beckham finally meet
  • Late night chats and games
  • Getting to see the beautiful lake house that Marisa grew up in
  • Being able to enjoy a restaurant called "Rooters" in which we partook such culinary concoctions as "The Porker," "Mess o' Barbeque" and "The Duke."
  • Carson allowing Ronnie to win one video game to get his confidence up and then destroying him at each subsequent game.
  • Taking a swim in the pool in the huge indoor hotel atrium
  • Enjoying great company despite the rain (I thought it didn't rain in Seattle in the summer!)

We hope that this week will be low key as we recover from trips and visits.

7 comments:

foreveryoung said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
foreveryoung said...

We had such a great time with you guys! Thanks so much for being such great hosts, and next time we'll definately use your tour guide services :)

Sam and Josh said...

You have been busy. Looks like fun. By the way, you have such a neat blog, what do you use.

Sam and Josh said...

I am not great at this blog stuff, but I downloaded the Picasa now how do you get it to your blog.

Sam and Josh said...

I think I figured it out.

Carson Calderwood said...

Now that you guys left we have great weather again. It was lots of fun, and I promise, I didn't let Ronnie win ;)

Janessa said...

Hey Jodee! I'm back from vacation, have suitcased unpacked, finished my monster blog about the vacation (as you were so nice to read and comment on) and now I finally have time to play catch up reading up on other people's blogs. It looks like you've been busy (as usual) and I'm excited to hear all about it. I'm glad you had such a fun time with Jamie. I know she had a ball. I'm sad your trip down to visit her didn't work out. I'm sure it'll happen soon enough.