Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Awe man! Not again!"

Many days this March we have woken up to an inch or so of snow covering the ground. It is usually gone by noon and life continues. But, some days it sticks around, they delay school (which cancels am kindergarten) and Madison gets pretty bummed. She is starting to wake up, look out the window, and when she sees that white stuff, she isn't excited at all. She keeps reminding me that the first day of spring is March 21st and it should NOT be snowing in spring! She has even gone so far as to curse Seattle entirely and threaten to move back to California. She loves the sun and the "real" beach as she likes to call it. You know, the one where the sun shines and you can play in the sand and water without freezing your toes! Hang in there girl, just a few more months and your carefree summer days will be here! (Sometimes I think I am trying to convince myself too!)

Beckham on the other hand has been taking a liking to that cold white stuff. He gets super excited and tells us every 10 min. that it is snowing. The other day I was calling his name and couldn't find him. I looked out in the back yard and there he was, tromping around in the snow with Madison's rain boots and his pajamas on. What a nut!

2 comments:

Janessa said...

Glad somebody is enjoying the snow. We've been pretty lucky in the snow department this month but I'm still VERY anxious for spring to be here. Hope you get to enjoy the real beach soon!

foreveryoung said...

It's going to be a sad day when Maddie gets old enough to get excited about school being cancelled for snow days, for now it's cute that she loves school so much. I'll give you our winters if I can have your summers, deal?