Saturday, April 03, 2010

Our March Madness...

We put an offer on a home back in August and it finally came through! We closed a couple of weeks ago and are now settling in our new home!


Ronnie and I are in charge of planning the annual youth conference for the kids at church. It has been a fun but extremely busy task! Luckily we have a great committee helping us and I am positive it will be an amazing experience for all (with NO rain!)




I recently found out that I have gestational diabetes! It was totally strange for me since I have NONE of the risk factors. I was pretty mad about it at first but, after I got over the initial shock and awe of it all I am starting to deal. The Dr. thinks I can control it with my diet and I hope he is right. It really hasn't changed what I eat just how often I eat. I have never been one to not enjoy eating but by my 6th meal of the day I am pretty fed up with food. I also have found that I don't like doing things when I am told I have to. I have never wanted to eat so unhealthy until I was told I couldn't. It is a huge pain in the butt and I just hope it goes away after the baby is out. Until then, I will eat 6 times a day, count and record all of my carbs, test my blood 5 times each day, visit 2-3 Drs. at least once a week, and pray that I don't have to give myself insulin shots on top of all that!

As for Ronnie, he is supposed to be studying for the CFA exam that is the same week the baby is due. Instead, he has been taking over house duties, organizing and executing this move pretty much by himself and taking over most of the youth conference tasks. Not to mention working his tail off at work. He has been so supportive through all of this and picks up right where I leave off. We are getting pretty excited about this baby and just hope to get our life in order before she arrives!

The kids are hanging in there. Madison had Spring Break this week and it wasn't terribly boring. We did un-pack quite a bit but she was also able to start spring soccer, go see a movie and have a few playdates. She is happy to have the largest room in the house besides the master bedroom and thinks that her new bunk beds will be pretty cool. Beckham now sleeps on our queen size bed that used to be in the guest room and he looks so tiny on that big bed! He loves it but is willing to give it up for guests as long as he gets to sleep with Madison in the bunk beds. The baby seems to be happy and safe for now. If I am able to keep my numbers under control then she shouldn't feel any effects of the diabetes. Her room is slowly coming together and I am hoping to get the "nesting" feeling back after all this packing and unpacking of the rest of the house.

It has been a pretty crazy month for our little family but we are getting through it. "When it rains it pours" has been the theme of March (literally too!) but the sun will come back and we will get through it! We really couldn't do all this without such great friends and family around us. Thank you to all the babysitters, movers, meal makers and words of encouragement. We really do feel very blessed.

8 comments:

jhoopes said...

That is some madness!! So glad things are settling--your new house, Youth Conference is almost here, and that baby girl will be here before we know it. Then you'll be able to relax!! hee hee ;)

foreveryoung said...

Oh man, I wish I could be there to help!! I'm glad you are making it through and definately keep us posted on the diabetes thing. Hopefully life starts slowing down and you get a chance to enjoy your new house and baby! Love you!

Janessa said...

Wow, that is a lot for a pregnant mama to deal with! I'm so sorry about the diabetes. That would really stink. I hope it goes away after the baby is born. I hope you're getting settled into your new house and are able to take some time to relax and enjoy it. You'll have to post pictures. I'm glad you were able to stay in the same area with all your friends. I'm sure youre friends are all glad too. Take care of yourself!

Maria said...

You are one amazing woman. Let me know if Beckham wants another playdate. :)

Cassie said...

Crazy times! Congratulations on buying a house! I am so jealous. Why am I still living in the bay area? I'm sorry about the gestational diabetes. Some day you'll look back on this month of crazyness and laugh...some day...

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! You guys have been SO busy! I don't know how you do it! I love you Jodes! You're amazing!

Love,
Rosa

P.S.Send me pics of the new house, I want to see what it looks like from the inside.

Melanie said...

Seriously, what a crazy March for your family! Please remember that I am happy to watch Beckham during some of those doctor appointments!!!

Danielle said...

GD makes me wanna die. How are you doing with it?