Friday, July 16, 2010

Nana Camp 2010








For the past 3 summers Madison has gone to my parents house for a week by herself for "Nana Camp".  She loves this week and looks forward to it every year.  In fact, this year we caught her planning her own trip to Nana and Papa's house without even knowing if it was going to happen or not.  Lucky for her it did and she has been having a blast!  This year we hooked her up with a horse camp to attend in the morning and then she spends the rest of the day with Nana and Papa.  They do scavenger hunts, bake cookies, read, swim in the hot tub, go to the lake to fish with Papa, and this year she even learned how to sew.  She gets spoiled rotten and loves the one on one attention.
  
At horse camp she gets to learn how to ride, clean, saddle, train, and care for her horse.  I was a little worried that she might get scared or intimidated being one of the youngest girls and not having riding lessons before but it sounds like she did just fine.  She loves horses and is a master at remembering their names.  The last day they had a pony parade.  Each girl got to decorate a pony to lead around.  Madison informed me that she got to paint her pony and even painted his "nails" green.  She had a fantastic time and fell even more in love with horses.  I guess she even met a little girl at camp that was on vacation with her parents and lives just 3 miles from us!  They have already planned to get together and ride again.



As for us at home, it was much quieter with Madison and Beckham being apart.  Bex was much easier that week and I really enjoyed his company.  But, we really did miss our Madison and couldn't wait to see her again!  My mom sent some pictures of a few adventures so I had Madison help me explain what she is doing in each...


I rode Lilly the first day
That was my horse Smokey
I am round pinning Texas Rosy
Getting a saddle and blanket
cleaning Lilly's hooves
I got to decorate and ride Smokey in the pony parade.
You can sort of see the smiley face and dots I painted on his side and I made a necklace bow and put bells on the saddle horn.
Sewing my dress with Nana
Riding in the boat
Inner-tubing behind the boat all by myself!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Looks like Madison had a great time! So awesome she gets to have those experiences!

foreveryoung said...

Okay, you seriously have the cutest parents, Maddie is so lucky! Can I sign Kylie up for Nana camp next year??

Janessa said...

What fun special memories! It sounds like she was in heaven. Can I sign my kids up for Nana camp too?