Wednesday, February 09, 2011

so big!

this little one is not so little anymore!  she refuses to be compared to her brother and sister and therefor is setting her own pace for "firsts" in this family.  madison and beckham were both really late getting teeth in.  the first ones popped up around 10 months.  grace is barely 8 months old and already has 6!  she is also my only baby who wont take a bottle.  so, the little miss and her six sharp little teeth are still nursing...fun for me. 
she is also sitting up all by herself and starting to look like she could crawl away any day now.  if it were my first i would probably be encouraging this behavior.  but sometimes, i find myself gently pushing her over or maybe pulling her little chubby legs out from underneath her baby body.  don't tell her this could be viewed as mean because for now, she just gives me big smiles and sometimes laughs a little.  her laugh is pretty adorable.  sometimes, when being tickled, she sounds like a machine gun.  it really is quite endearing.  
 she is still the happiest baby i know.  we are pretty lucky in that department, our kids are not too hard to please.  give this one something to chew on, someone to smile at, or just plunk her on the floor in the middle of a few toys and she is a happy clam.  she will even smile and laugh if you "RAR" in her face like a scary dinosaur, just ask beckham.  but don't be fooled, she is not always pleasant.  give her a bottle and she will give you the dirtiest look you have ever seen!  
for now i am soaking up all her baby goodness.  i have to refrain from sniffing her head too much in public or squeezing her chubby little body too tightly.  i get next to nothing done when she is awake because all i want to do is stare at her bright blue eyes and play with her chubby little feet.  oh, and when she lays that sweet little head on my shoulder to snuggle, watch out people, I am done!  she is pure joy to me and sits heavy right smack dab in the middle of my heart.  she just won't listen when i tell her to stop growing up.  luckily each new stage is bringing even more love right along with it.  we love our little gracie lu, love her like a million!

7 comments:

Ronnie said...

Confession: I didn't put her to bed after you left until 9pm last night because of the reasons you alluded to in your post. Too much fun to hold and play with.

Alisha said...

I have to agree. That little girl just steals your heart! I know this because she's stolen mine. Love you Gracie!

Great pics Jodee! I love the natural light.

Janessa said...

What a little angel! Beautiful pictures!!! I'm glad you're enjoying every minute of your sweet little baby. I wish I could give those cute chubby cheeks a kiss too. They are just calling out for kisses. I'm sure that call is answered all day long:) I can't belive she has so many teeth already. You're a good mama to keep nursing her. Hope she's gentle.

Melanie said...

Great pics Jodee! And I agree, Grace is absolutely adorable!!! It is so true, with your first you are anxious to reach each milestones, but after that, you just want life to s-l-o-w down...it goes too fast!

jhoopes said...

Completely adorable. Great photos!!!

Sarah Carlston said...

She is so adorable. Absolutely delicious! I wish I was there so I could hold her and squeeze her and love her!

Miss you guys!

foreveryoung said...

So beautiful and so sweet, the perfect combination. What great pictures. I'm so glad nursing is going so well this time, any secrets??? Keep soaking up every minute of that cuteness!