Wednesday, July 13, 2011

no more teachers, no more books

School let out last month and we have been busy playing and partying.  I have way too much to catch up on but I figure it's okay since it means we are having so much fun this summer!

Beckham is done with preschool and onto kindergarten.  He is very excited about going to the big school like Madison and even more excited that he just might have a few friends that he knows in his class.  Preschool was great fun for Beckham.  He made lots of friends and learned so much.  His teachers Miss Karen and Miss Tracy were fantastic and they assured me that Beckham was ready to move on to Kindergarten.  We are very proud of our little guy and excited to seem him grow even more next year.

 I was able to go into his class for his birthday celebration, this is him telling Miss Karen that when he turns 5 his favorite color and food will be different.


Beckham's school has a carnival each year to celebrate the end of school.  It was so fun for the whole family to enjoy.  The kids ran around with their friends playing games and eating junk.  Auntie Kellee was able to experience the mayhem and sweet little grace discovered she could get a little sweeter with some cotton candy- yum!
Bex with Miss Karen







Madison had another super fantastic year at her elementary school and says that her teacher was the best one yet.  She did so well in school this year even completing two projects that required her to present in front of the whole class.  Madison has always surprised us with her outstanding academic achievements but this year we were blown away when her three standardized test they take in 3rd grade qualified her for the all day talented and gifted program that the school district offers.  She is one of about 45 kids that qualified from the whole district.  Needless to say were are very proud of her.  It was a big decision to make when deciding weather or not she would go.  They house the program at a different elementary school so she will have to be away from the comfort of her good friends.  Of course her first thought was NO WAY JOSE!  But after talking it over as a family, we felt we couldn't let the opportunity pass her by.  We know it will be challenging for everyone but feel that is what she needs right now.  So, the first year I am able to have 2 kids at the same school and off to a different school she goes!  She is getting used to the idea and has decided that it won't be so bad as long as she can have lots and lots of play-dates!  I am so grateful that she is such an easy going kid.  She is just taking it all in stride.  Wish us luck this coming year, we may need a little ;)

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Wow, congratulations Madison for going to the gifted program! My parents decided not to send me and I have always wondered how my life might have been different. I'm sure she'll make lots of friends in her new school and she will love being in a classroom where everyone wants to learn! All three of your kids are so cute! We need to see more of Gracie before she gets any bigger!!

Melanie said...

I didn't know that about Madison. Geesh, we need to hang out more! :) Way to go Maddie! And I love all the pics of Beckham at SLC and Grace when celebrating her birthday. Your kids are so cute...we adore them all!!!

foreveryoung said...

Way to go, Madison, that is so awesome!! I think you made the right choice but I can see why it would be a hard one. I love that picture of Grace eating cotton candy. I'm glad you guys are enjoying your summer, can't wait to hear more about it!

Janessa said...

Madison looks so grown up in that last picture! That is so awesome that she'll be able to be part of that program. That stinks that she'll have to be at a different school though. What a wonderful opportunity though. Good luck juggling the two schools. We had to do that last year and survived...but it was kind of tricky at times. Yay for a great year for your two school kids. I'm excited for your new kindergartner!

jhoopes said...

Love your pictures, Jodee!!! Beautiful!

Alisha said...

I love the photo of Grace eating the cotton candy. ADORABLE! I miss that wee one!