First Annual Chapman Family Father's Day Games
2011 marked the start of a new Chapman Family tradition. We kicked off the first ever Father's Day games with a bang! I decided that a little friendly family competition is good for us. The kids were all for it and the adults played along nicely. I made it known that the grown-ups were not to take mercy on the little ones. What I meant to say was that the kids needed to take mercy on us old folks, they were good!
If you have ever seen the game show Minute To Win It on TV then you have an idea what our evening was like. I have never seen the show myself but there are plenty of great videos on-line with hundreds of silly and simple games to play with items you have at home. They only last a minute or less so it is some fast and furious fun.
Our games included pulling tissues out of a box with one hand as fast as humanly possible, knocking over water bottles with a baseball inside of a stocking pulled over your head, a little mario cart, trying to get ping pong balls out of an empty tissue box that is strapped to your waist, counting how many "steps" you can get on a pedometer strapped to your head (my personal fav), and some chair sling-shot action with a paper football. Each event produced gut busting laughs and really enjoyable video. Some we will definitely repeat next year and others we will switch out to try new things. All in all it was quite a hit with the whole family and I am so grateful everyone played along and no one passed out!
Madison took the trophy this year. She gets to keep it in her room until the next Father's Day Games commence.
Some things I learned-
- gearing some of the games to the kids is a must
- pedometers strapped to your bum could be fun too
- pulling a whole box of tissues out is a great time but after the whole family does it, you are left with a lot of tissues on the table
- madison really is competitive when she wants to be
- dad looks really funny with panty hose over his face
- sound effects in the pedometer game don't help
- video is priceless
- Spending Father's Day with my own Dad is such a special treat!
Happy Father's Day to my sweet husband, my amazing Dad, and my wonderful Father in Law. I am one lucky girl to have such outstanding men in my life.







6 comments:
Kudos to Madison for tearing it up! But I don't know how Ronnie lost after that unparalleled performance you captured on video. He ought to consider using that for his next soccer goal celebration!
HI-LARIOUS!! Way to go Miss M! I would love to see everyone elses pedometer videos, what fun. love you guys,
auntie kellee
That's awesome, what a great idea! You went all out with that trophy even, impressive! Our friends hosted an adult game night and we played all these games and seriously laughed so hard. I totally need to do it with my kids, they would love it. Definately a tradition your kids will remember!
What a fun, fun family tradition! I love the trophy even. Where did you get it at? Great video clip. I think the sound effects may have helped him.
Wow, I am totally stealing this idea. You are a genius and the video almost made my coca-cola come out my nose.
Hello. I miss you. Stop having fun long enough to post about your life. I feel like I don't even know you anymore :)
Post a Comment