1,2,3,4,5!
June 11th you turned FiVe!
Five is a pretty big birthday. Five means kindergarten and soccer teams. Five is way cooler than four in your book. And to you, five means that your favorite color will turn from blue to green and your favorite food will no longer be hot dogs but toast instead.
Your five year old favorites also include; reading books before bed, riding your bike to the park, playing with your friends, Thor, Batman, video games, running, making up stories, Jimmer, and building things. You will build with your many different sets of blocks and legos for hours. Your teachers would always tell me about the fantastic towers and building you built at school. The higher the better according to you and you are getting pretty good at that.
You have lots of friends and are one happy kid. You are sweet to your sisters and so helpful to your mommy. You are kind, thoughtful, and very laid back. You are a perfect middle child, not needing all the attention but somehow finding your way.
We are so proud to be your mom and dad. We love you very much and feel blessed to be able to be your parents.
For your fifth birthday we asked what you wanted to do. You told us you wanted to drive a boat. You didn't want to go bowling with friends or to the Bounce House. You didn't want a party at the park or here at home. You wanted to drive a boat and that was it. So that is just what we did.
You were so lucky to get Auntie Kellee and Uncle Robb here for your big day and you were one happy kid with your boat, a few presents, some pizza, and a race car cake that I whipped up last miniute.
It was a bright sunny day and Lake Union was beautiful. You liked the locks, honking the horn, the big cranes and ships parked along the shore, dancing to some of your favorite tunes and driving the boat of course!
Happy Birthday big 5 year old!
I am one lucky momma, you make it so easy to be your mom.
We love you Bexifry!











2 comments:
I love this post. I love the way you write about your kids. I love that he thinks his favorite color and food needs to change. I love the cake. I love his birthday party choice. I love the look on his face when he's driving the boat. Happy birthday, Bex!!
That was such a great post! I'm sure he will love looking back at it and reading what he was like as a five year old. You have such a great way of writing things! That's a cute cake, especially for a last minute one:) Great pictures of a wonderful day!
Post a Comment