Utah Family Reunion and a misdemeanor?
Ah yes, this year's Turpin family reunion will be one to tell the great great great grandkids about some day. Lets just say someone was taken away in a cop car this year. Sounds fun right? Not when that someone was Ronnie. What? You don't believe me? You never thought my Ronnie could be a criminal? Yeah, I like the bad boys.
It all started as it usually does. The Turpin girls and their families all gathering together at Spring Haven Lodge up in Spanish Fork Canyon. The cousins start off with golfing and then there is the annual trip to the BYU bookstore. This year we threw in a hike up the Y with two of Ronnie's cousins and their families. With all the kids in tow on some ghastly hot day- I have no idea what we were thinking. We made it to the top, but barely!
It all started as it usually does. The Turpin girls and their families all gathering together at Spring Haven Lodge up in Spanish Fork Canyon. The cousins start off with golfing and then there is the annual trip to the BYU bookstore. This year we threw in a hike up the Y with two of Ronnie's cousins and their families. With all the kids in tow on some ghastly hot day- I have no idea what we were thinking. We made it to the top, but barely!
Next it was off to the lodge to meet up with the rest of the clan for some games, chatting, movies, basketball, talent shows, and some good quality time with family we don't get to see often.
But it really got interesting on Saturday morning when a cop showed up at the lodge looking for Ronnie. I had no idea what was happening until someone came and asked me why Ronnie was sitting outside in a police car. So I went to find him and as I walked outside, the police car pulls away with my husband in it. Apparently while Ronnie was out running in the morning he ran up what he thought was a road to a boy scout camp and some grouchy old rich guy chewed him out for trespassing on his property. To make a really long story short, the guy was just looking for someone to pick on and decided to slap Ronnie with a trespassing charge. The cop had to write Ronnie up even though he agreed that the guy was off his rocker. After much stress, wasted time, and hiring a lawyer, the case was totally dropped. Phew! But still, it is pretty scary when someone can just accuse you of something you totally didn't do and get away with it.
The best part of the whole thing was the "mocumentary" his cousins and uncle made that same day to show at the talent show. It was pretty hilarious. Whoever has that video, we totally need a copy!
After a memorable reunion we stayed a few more days at Ronnie's parents house where we were all thoroughly spoiled rotten. We also stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Turpin's house to spend a little more time with them before heading to Park City. The kids love the alpine slide and coaster so we all took a few turns riding up and down those amazing slopes.
I love the rides but I think the lift is my favorite part.
This year Madison was old enough to ride the slide all by herself. She was a little nervous and ended up going super slow. When she got to the bottom there was a pretty good line-up behind her.
Thank you Mom and Dad C. for a lovely stay. We miss you!



























5 comments:
That place is gorgeous but HOLY COW I guess I'll always be careful whose property I'm running on?? That was CRAZY!!!
So he dropped the trespassing charge?!? Yahoo!!! Now you have no more excuses...
Oh my gosh! I was dying to skip ahead to the whole Ronnie getting arrested part, crazy!! I'm glad all ended well, but I'm sure that put quite the damper on the festivities. I like a bad boy too, so I'll give you that one :) Other than that, what a perfect reunion. I'm so sad we didn't make it to Utah this summer, but I'm glad you could enjoy it for us!
Ps-post the video if you ever get a hold of it! And I love all your pictures1
Firstt of all, thank you for each and every comment you took time to leave on my blog. You get the most dedicated catcher uper award. Totally made my day! Thanks:) Holy Moly - I can't belive the cops hauled Ronnie off and everything! That is CRAZY! I'm glad the case was dropped. If you had to hire a lawyer and everything I'm sure you still had to pay a pretty penny for that. Crazy! The rest of the trip sounds like a blast. Love all the pictures! Makes me miss Utah.
Post a Comment