Friday, November 18, 2011

Wedding

My sister and her boyfriend got married this summer in Oregon.  It was strange, Robb has just been a part of the family for so long that the wedding was more like a good excuse to throw a big party than anything.  It was so much fun and I am so pleased to have been a part of it.
Preparations for me started off with crafting boutonnieres, hair clips, and headbands for the wedding party.  I was so nervous that they wouldn't turn out right.  I was never totally satisfied with any of them but I think they turned out okay.  On Kellee and Robb's property there are wild peacocks so feathers are all over their back yard.  You can pay big bucks for those things on Etsy but we had plenty to make a whole wedding out of.
Next it was on to the bridal shower.  It was casual, fun, and outdoors, just like my Kellee. We had ginger lime fizz and home made strawberry shortcake (thanks mom).
Hendrix park was a perfect setting and so fun because it is where Ronnie and I had our wedding pictures taken when we were married.

 And then it was onto the wedding festivities.  The rehearsal dinner was held at Sweet Cheeks Winery.  It was a beautiful day and so nice to spend it outside in the sun.



The next day was filled with decorating and dressing.  It was totally low key and stress free.  We were done early and had time to sit down and eat lunch together.  My sister is a pretty laid back person and didn't stress over much.  It was so fun to be able to enjoy the preparation instead of frantically running through it.
The wedding was at the Blue Rooster B&B near their home.  It was a gorgeous property with an amazing barn for the reception and beautiful yard to hold the ceremony.

We all got ready together in the bed and breakfast.  Kellee looked gorgeous in the dress that she made with my mom and grandma.  Her vail was made by Robb's mom and was from the lace that was taken from my mom's dress.  There were many personal touches like that throughout the wedding that made it so unique and special.



The ceremony was beautiful I am sure.  I don't remember much at all except being really excited while walking Kellee up to the aisle and then really nervous when walking down the aisle with Laurel.  The rest was a blur as I tried not to cry out loud or smear my makeup too much.  Robb played the guitar while Kellee walked down the aisle.  The kids all handed Kellee flowers and feathers to make her bouquet and Robb's attendants, Laurel, and I all helped to read their vows.  Kellee and Robb read vows to each other and the bells rang in celebration.  
I have no pictures of the ceremony because I was in it but I can assure you I have lots from the after party!
There were lawn games, big swings, line dancing, fro-yo, Thai food, home made beer, pirates booty, parasols, and lots of hula-hooping goin' on!





Kellee and Robb looked pretty good but I have to say, my kids were stinkin' cute!  Bex with his bow-tie and suspenders was to die for.  Madison was rockin' the parasol all night long and Gracie, well she always steals the show.

Madison and Avalon posed for pictures and danced the night away.  One of Kellee and Robb's friends from San Francisco taught line dancing at the reception and Madison thought this was the best thing ever!  She even came home and performed the line dance for our church talent show.











We love you Robb and Kellee!  Thanks for getting married so we could come and party with you!

7 comments:

Matt said...

Awesome shots, and even better outfits! Love the suspenders :)

Alisha said...

Those are some amazing photos Jo! I just LOVE the one of Ronnie and Madison hugging. So sweet! And Ronnie's hat... very funky. Where was that and the suspenders at the Vegas photoshoot?

Anonymous said...

your welcome, thanks for all of your help! loves

jhoopes said...

So fun! Looks like something right out of some adorable movie. :) Love your pictures! I especially LOVE the one of your family! That should be published in a magazine, or at least on a Christmas card!! :)

Melanie said...

Like Jill said, the setting for this wedding seemed like something from a magazine. And you took such great pics...I loved looking through them all! I hope Beckham wears those suspenders to church soon (maybe he has already and I missed it) because I want to see those in person...just way too cute. All of your kids looked darling, of course! Thanks for sharing!!!

foreveryoung said...

Okay, cutest wedding ever. I love how non-traditional it is and how it totally reflects their style. Seriously loving everything about it. Congrats to Robb and Kellee and I still think she has the most amazing arms!

Janessa said...

What a wedding/party! So unique and so fun! I love all the personal touches. SO sweet. Everyone looks fantastic (especially your kidds;). The clothing is awesome. You got some really great pictures too. Well done!