Nana camp
And were back... to August. I will get caught up before next year.. I will!
Madison has been going to my mom and dad's house each summer for a few years now. While there she usually does a horse camp and gets spoiled rotten by my parents. This year Beckham got to go to Nana camp too. Madison went to horse camp in the morning with my mom while Bex and Papa had some fun times together. There were talks of swimming, biking, McDonalds, the county fair, fishing, cookie making and treasure hunts. I am pretty sure they had a blast.
Ronnie and I stayed with Gracie at home. It was so strange having one kid again. Later we drove down to my parents house and met Kellee and Robb there for a short stay before heading back with the kids. We played at the lake and enjoyed the sun. That sounds nice about now...
Madison really loves riding. I know, every little girl dreams of having a horse. And I thought this phase would come and go too. But here we are, years later and she is still beaming from ear to ear each time she hops up on a horse. She is a total natural and so comfortable with the reigns. She really falls in love with each horse she rides and takes such good care of them. I wish I could get her riding more often but alas, horse camp once a year and the occasional birthday party will have to do. Sorry babe.
Ronnie and I were lucky to be able to make her last day of camp. We got to see her show off her skills and ride her horse in the parade. They get to decorate them any way they want for the parade. After two years of camp, Madison has learned to keep the decorations to a minimum or you will have to spend a lot of time scrubbing "hoof polish" off with a toothbrush.
Madison has been going to my mom and dad's house each summer for a few years now. While there she usually does a horse camp and gets spoiled rotten by my parents. This year Beckham got to go to Nana camp too. Madison went to horse camp in the morning with my mom while Bex and Papa had some fun times together. There were talks of swimming, biking, McDonalds, the county fair, fishing, cookie making and treasure hunts. I am pretty sure they had a blast.
Ronnie and I stayed with Gracie at home. It was so strange having one kid again. Later we drove down to my parents house and met Kellee and Robb there for a short stay before heading back with the kids. We played at the lake and enjoyed the sun. That sounds nice about now...
Kellee and I taught Madison the art of the lifejacket diaper float.
Madison really loves riding. I know, every little girl dreams of having a horse. And I thought this phase would come and go too. But here we are, years later and she is still beaming from ear to ear each time she hops up on a horse. She is a total natural and so comfortable with the reigns. She really falls in love with each horse she rides and takes such good care of them. I wish I could get her riding more often but alas, horse camp once a year and the occasional birthday party will have to do. Sorry babe.
Ronnie and I were lucky to be able to make her last day of camp. We got to see her show off her skills and ride her horse in the parade. They get to decorate them any way they want for the parade. After two years of camp, Madison has learned to keep the decorations to a minimum or you will have to spend a lot of time scrubbing "hoof polish" off with a toothbrush.
We all love Nana Camp! Thanks mom and dad!





























2 comments:
Nana camp is the best, I love reading these posts. You seriously have got such amazing parents. Is it weird that I'm already excited about being a grandma? Such lucky kids. You got some really great pictures, I espcecially love little Gracie on the swing sucking her fingers, awwww.
Nana camp has got to right up there with Christmas for your kids (and your parents too:) What a fun tradition. I want to go to Nana camp too! You got some really great pictures! I'm so impressed with Madison's horse skills. She looks like such a natural and so at ease around them.
Post a Comment