Thursday, January 05, 2012

While the kids are away...

Mommy and Daddy (and Gracie) like to play.
We went to Orcas Island in the San Juans while the big kids were at Nana camp.  It was relaxing, beautiful, and just too short.  I need to go back, it's a must.
We saw the sights, hiked around, watched the whales, and waited in a really long ferry line. So long that our battery ran out- yeah, we were that car!

We stayed in this cute little house.  Ronnie and Grace are on the balcony next to the hot tub and looking out at the beautiful view of the marina.


Grace and I were snuggling up to stay warm on the windy and long boat ride out to where the whales were.  We got to see quite a few.  The tour guide said we saw whales from each pod that lives up here.  It was pretty amazing even though none were super close.  Well, except that one that swam right under our boat when Ronnie had the camera- just sayin'...



The San Juans is one of the most beautiful places I have been.  The pictures don't do it justice, it is gorgeous!





 This one was a great little traveler.  She was thrilled to have us all to herself and we were astonished just how easy it was with only one!

4 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Way to live it up, what a fun getaway! Little Gracie is so dang cute and I agree, one is so easy why did we ever complain?? That place looks amazing, although I think I would prefer it in the summer :)

Melanie said...

What a fun get-away! Sounds like a trip our family needs to take!

jhoopes said...

That place looks amazing!! Thanks for inspiring our summer vacation plans!! And how fun to just go with gracie!

Janessa said...

What a fun little get away. It's so rare to have one on one time like that with the baby when you have other kids. Glad you took advantage of it. It looks like Grace loved every minute of it.