Monday, January 23, 2012

karate, soccer, gymnastics, activity days,2 schools, more soccer, homework...ahhhh!

I think I over scheduled this fall.  We had every day after school packed with some type of activity and sometimes 2.  It was a whole lot of fun but just a bit too much with all of the driving around and trying to keep a one year old happy.  Thankfully I worked out some great carpools and babysitting swaps with some amazing friends and we made it through our crazy fall.  I am not sure what I will do when I have 3 kids in activities but I am sure it will be a lot more crazy fun!  How do you mom's with 4 and 5 kids do it?  I am a wimp!

Bex started Karate class with 3 friends from school/church.  He had SO much fun.  He was adorable in his little uniform running around with his friends.  After Karate we always went next door for slurpees, it was a fun treat for all of them.  I never did bust out my camera but luckily Jenny did and she got some great shots of our boys.




I did bust out the iphone a time or two, it works in a pinch.


And when it wasn't my turn to take the boys to Karate I was at home watching this little romance happen ;)  This is the little brother of one of Beckhams best friends, Brogan.  There is just something about this family because Bex has declared Brogan's little sister his girlfriend and I think Grace now has dibs on Bridger!  I have to admit, they are pretty darn cute!


This was Beckham's first soccer season as well.  He had so much fun and was thrilled to be able to run around and kick something without getting into trouble.  They finally figured out that they had to put Bex and Brogs on the field at different times or they would just run around together in their own little world.  They ended the season with a trip to Ben and Jerry's to receive their medals and have some sundaes.  Go Galaxy!
Would you believe me if I told you that I didn't bring my camera to a single practice or game?  Of course you would, that's just how I roll these days!  Enjoy some more scenes from the iphone...


Madison and the mighty Panda's finished another fun season with Coach Ronnie.  They are such a fun group of girls and it has been great to have a lot them on our team each year.  Madison played a lot of goalie and a lot of defender.  Goalie is not a position most kids want to play and she was a trooper for sticking with it during some tough games. It was a hard season for her but we are proud she stuck it out until the end.  Go Pandas!


6 comments:

Marisa said...

I feel your pain! It's so easy to overschedule, and it looks like you're doing more than I am so I don't know how you're managing it!! Carpools are a livesaver though. Your kids are SO cute, we need to get together with the kids soon and just hang out.

Cassie said...

Oh we were soooo overscheduled this fall! It was crazy! As a result the kids aren't doing anything this winter. Well, Wyatt has scouts and Lorien has Activity days but they are pretty easy. We'll try to add an activity or two in the spring. Right now I am loving taking winter off!

foreveryoung said...

I totally know what you're talking about, it's a hard balance but it's so worth it when you see them succeed at something they enjoy. Carpools are a mom's best friend. So cute and growing up so fast!

Janessa said...

Man, you packed in the activites. Glad you were able to work out some swaps to help make it more doable. You're kids look adorable and are lucky to be able to experience so many different things. You are a great mom! I can't belive how big Grace is getting and mad is she a cute! It's no surprise that she's got a boyfriend already:)

jhoopes said...

Such adorable pictures! Carpools and good friends are the BEST!!

aLeXis said...

Oh my goodness!!! Love all these photos. It wasn't that long ago....but they seriously look so much younger. Especially our two little love birds. ;). Amen on the wonderful carpools. Such a lifesaver.