Friday, February 08, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Isn't this fun?  Getting to go back in time here on This Is How We Do It?  
I guess that is how we do it here.
So Thanksgiving is usually one of my favorite holidays of the year, right up there with Christmas and Valentine's Day.  This year however, topped the charts!  We spent the week in Sunny Arizona visiting friends and hanging out with my family.  I think my parents are staring to transition into Snowbirds.  The past couple of years they have stayed in AZ for at least a month and this year I think it was close to two.  I am totally good with this scenario because AZ is definitely one of our most favorite places to visit, especially in the winter!  It is home to many of our closest friends, pretty close to SoCal, one of my other most favorite places to visit, and you can't beat the 24/7 sunshine!  We soaked as much of it up as we possibly could.  The kids grew gills being in the pool all week long.  They also came home with swimmers ear and hot tub folliculitis- Ew! but we are trying to forget that little part (makes me gag).  
I am not even sure where to start here... We packed in so much fun with so many fun people, this post will be a doozy!
Again, I drug my camera along with good intentions but, not once did it see the AZ sun.  Good thing our personal family photographer lives in AZ because his camera gets a lot of action!  He was kind enough to follow us around for a few days and snap beautiful shots of our perfectly dressed and smiling family, cause that is how we roll...always...
Actually, we kinda followed him and his beautiful family around for a few days while they let us crash at their house and hang with their kids.  We can't get enough of those Molen people and no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get enough of us either.

Family Pics courtesy of Matt
Just a sample of the many amazing shots he got







 The little thumbs up kills me!  He melts me to pieces this one does.



 Also on the agenda for our short stay in Gilbert... a few dance parties, celebrating Madison's Birthday, kidless dates for the adults and parentless fun for the kids.  It worked out well.






 And for the rest of the pics, you get my iphone...
 This really blurry shot is probably one of my most favorites.  
It makes me laugh every time.  
Restoration Hardware should definitely consider hiring these live models.
 Watching Breaking Dawn...finally!

 And what could be better than picnics, amusement parks, fro-yo, and some girl time to celebrate your 10th birthday?


Also in Gilbert resides my bosom buddy Jamie.  We go way back.  Like nursing in the mothers lounge 10 years ago, bonding over the trials of breast feeding and how our little girls will be best friends forever.  It all worked out, our little girls were well nourished and they did end up being bff's.  Though the Young's moved away, Kylie and Madison seem to hit it off every time we reunite them.  It's a pretty cool sight to see.  And I couldn't be happier that her momma is still the same sweet friend who makes me laugh till I cry and makes me grilled cheese and tomato soup as per tradition.  We love the Young's and wished so very much that we could have had more time with them.  They were so sweet to let us drop in at a moments notice and force them to make us lunch on a Sunday.  But that is the kind of friends they are.  Lucky for us, they will be here visiting freezing cold and rainy Seattle next month!  And you better believe we will be needing some of that grilled cheese and tomato soup Jame! 



bff's in the making 



I think I am going to have to take a break and get to the rest of our Thanksgiving fun next post.  I know, I know... you can't wait!

4 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Aw, you're the best! Loved spending time with you guys and so glad we get to see you again soon! You guys need to move down here, you love Arizona and Arizona loves you!

Jill H. said...

What a blast! And I personally don't mind reading about warm and really fun Thanksgiving breaks in February!! :)

Janessa said...

I'm always playing catch up on the blog. That's how I roll too! You have such amazing friends, but it's no wonder cause you guys are amazing friends too! Jamie loved seeing you guys. I love the bond that Kylie and Madison have. So sweet! I LOVE yoru family pictures! Your kids are adorable and you are looking HOT!

Melanie said...

Such fun pics of your family. And what a treat to see some pics of the Molens too. I am just a tiny bit jealous that you got to be with them and be in that amazing weather in November...talk about lucky!