Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Thanksgiving part 2

The rest of our Thanksgiving week was spent hanging with my most favorite people; my family.  My parents rented a big house and piled us all in.  Lots of good food, lots of pool and hot tub time, and lots of fun.  

If we weren't out of the house doing something, this is where you could find the kids.  They certainly take after their momma.  I grew up with a pool in my backyard and I am determined to have one for my kids.  Their swimming skills improved more in this one week than they have in the countless years of swimming lessons!


 We took a couple of walks down to the local fro-yo shop.
Beckham and Robb chose to go Gangnam style.
The girls got Mani/Pedis to celebrate Nana and Madison's birthdays.  It was Madison's first.  Definitely not her last.  
Also part of the birthday extravaganza was a 3D movie.  We saw the Rise of the Guardians.  It was a cute movie to get us in the Christmas spirit.

And Madison's choice, Macaroni Grill for her birthday lunch.  
She surely enjoyed ALL the birthday fun!


On Thanksgiving morning, Ronnie and I got up early and headed into Phoenix for the Annual Turkey Trot.  


Catch the turkey and they give you a free pie
Ronnie ran while I took glamour shots of myself basking in the sun.  
HA HA!  I enjoyed that.



Ronnie came in even faster than this clock reads but not before he let this kid wax him at the finish line.  I have video to prove it ;)  
After his amazing race, we headed on to pick up my Grandma and take her back to the house with everyone.  This year, we cooked up a very tasty mexican fiesta.  No traditional turkey for the Blanchards.  I loved it!  My dad's enchiladas can't be matched.  And I especially loved being able to eat on the patio in the sunshine.
One tradition we do hold dear however, is that of the men doing the Thanksgiving dinner dishes.  Its a keeper.
After Dinner we headed off to the Phoenix Zoo to see their Christmas lights.  
I am not sure why I love these blurry yellow pictures of Grace and Ronnie on the carousel but I do.  So I included them all.




What a wonderful week!  It will be one we won't forget.  We took home some great memories... and a few illnesses.  I took the kids into the Dr. when we got home and they had strep throat, swimmers ear and hot tub folliculitis.  They told me it was all worth it though and want to make Thanksgiving in Arizona a tradition.  I am all for it!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Thanksgiving in AZ complete with Mexican food sounds PERFECT! There is a lot of fun and sunshine in those pictures and great job Matt with the family photos!! I don't think I want to know exactly what hot tub folliculitis is but I have been wanting to get a swim spa and now that I know that you've always wanted to have a pool in your backyard I will have to talk it over with you! I feel like we haven't seen you guys in forever, we'll have to fix that soon!

foreveryoung said...

Oh no, I didn't know they got swimmers ear and hot tub follico-whatis?? So sad! Glad it was worth it and so glad we got to see you! I love your basking in the sun pics, the sun looks good on you :)

Janessa said...

Ah, Jodee! I hearby give you the best blogger buddy award. You are always so sweet to read my blog and leave comments on every single post. Makes my day every time! I have been such a slacker about keeping up with my bogging buddies and yet you faithfuly visit mine. You rock! I'm excited to have a few minutes to see what you've been up to. This sounds like such a fun Thanksgiving! I love the sun and Mexican food! Sorry your kiddos ended up sick but glad it was worth it!