Monday, March 04, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas this year was even more exciting than usual.  Ronnie's little sister Elizabeth was getting married just a couple days after and we couldn't wait to have all the Chapman clan together again.  
Before we even left for Utah Christmas was in full swing.
It started off with finding our very REAL tree and taking it home to decorate.  We didn't do the usual chop it down at the tree farm or hike into the woods with a tag.  This year it was down the street to the corner lot to search through the rows of trees leaning up against the fence.  We realized it didn't matter much, the kids were just as happy and the tree, just as REAL ;)  Besides, who can pass up a cup of hot cocoa and a beautiful plastic christmas scene backdrop?


 This picture makes me laugh.  Each year there is a fight over who gets to put the angel on top.  We always say we will take turns but nobody can remember who did it last.  It usually ends up that Daddy puts it on and we resolve to take turns next year.  I think I'll have to write it down and store it in the ornament box.


Last minute school projects were finished
Christmas movie nights were held
Titi came for a visit
Choir concerts were sung
White elephant parties were attended
plays were watched
Christmas cards were sent
books were read
decorations were seen
 And presents were opened...early!  
Sibling gifts are always the best
And then it was off to Utah!

4 comments:

foreveryoung said...

I still can't believe Bethie is all grown up, married and going by "Elizabeth"! How did we get so old??? Ok, and did I miss that Maddie got glasses, or are they only reading glasses? She's adorable and this post is kinda making me miss Christmas!

Marisa said...

Love Maddie's glasses! And my kids say they miss your kids!!

jhoopes said...

Love this Christmas post, Jodee! I think you're on to something here...Christmas in March. I like that, too!! :) Fun pictures! Love the 'staches!

Elisa said...

Love the mustaches, sexy ladies! You got the belt this year, huh?