Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hayden + Bethie = L. O. V. E.

The love fest began with a proposal after Bethie thought they were being pulled over by the police.
I got a call at 11p with a shaking and babbling Bethie exclaiming she was engaged!
Yes, my little Bethie who I met when she was just 5 years old.
She played soccer with me and sat on my lap the first night we met.
She was mistaken for my daughter when I took her trick or treating.
I walked her to grade school, watched her 3rd grade christmas concert, cheered at her soccer games, talked about boys and how she won't get married until she graduates from college (ya right), watched her get ready for high school dances, and discussed first loves, kisses, and all the drama in between.
She amazed me with her maturity growing up.
I knew she wouldn't last long as a single girl.
Some smart boy would snatch her right up, and that he did.
Hayden and Bethie are definitely a match made in heaven.
They are wise and already way beyond most newlywed couples.
They will do great things together.

I am pretty sure it was the very night I received the frantic phone call from Bethie I hopped on Pinterest and started pinning wedding ideas.  It was so fun to help her get ready for her biggest day.  We texted pictures of dresses, scoured the internet for ideas, and made sure to take lots of deep breaths through it all.  I flew to Utah and made the most of a short weekend shopping and trying on and chatting and giggling until the wee hours. What a treat it was for me to be involved. 
 Even though Bethie didn't officially become my little sister until I married Ronnie, she is one of the many reasons that I know for sure, Ronnie and I are meant to be together forever.

After the Christmas madness we set out for some quick bridals.  They turned into some really quick ones because the sun was already setting as we finished lacing up that dress.  We learned a valuable lesson though, we need like 3 hours to get her ready, not just 1.5!  It was cold, dark, and pretty hectic but thanks to my talented friend Jenny and some last min. editing via. WA, a gorgeous shot was born and printed before for reception.

What she did in one evening is more than I have been able to do in the past few months with the rest of the grainy dark images.  But I'm working on it, slowly but surely...





A few days later we all woke up early, met at the temple and witnessed a beautiful sealing.  It was amazing to be in the temple together with Ronnie's whole family.  Mom couldn't help herself with the "spontaneous" group hugs and I know many happy tears were shed.



After Congratulations were had everyone left to get ready for the reception and I walked around with the newlyweds and the photographer so she had someone to help her get out of her dress.  It was SO cold and we had to take a few breaks to warm up but they got some amazing pictures.  It was so special to be able to share a few minutes with Bethie in the Bride's room after it was all over.  It made me think back to my wedding day as I stood in that very same room.  What an amazing place to be married. 





 And then it was time to party. 
The cousins were so cute running around taking plates of food to the guests.  I think both Madison and Beckham said that was their favorite part.


 The poor photographer.  Between Madison closing her eyes, Beckham's funny grin and Grace trying to get down...this was one of the best she got.  Sorry mom.




 And there may or may not have been a late night run to Walmart so this could happen.  Again...sorry mom.
 Best garter toss ever!

 And scenes from the iphone...








We will always remember this Christmas vacation.  Thank you to Hayden and Bethie for getting us all together and thank you Mom and Dad Chapman for making it all possible.

3 comments:

Meghan Pfeifer said...

Beautiful! To me, Bethie will always be the baby I met in high school :)

Jill H. said...

Ahhh, so sweet!! How exciting to be a big part of it all!!

foreveryoung said...

Gorgeous! The white on white pictures in the snow are beautiful, (although it does look freezing)! I love your relationship with her, she's lucky to have you for a sister-in-law!