Monday, January 06, 2014

Summer Randomness

And of course every time I try to update this blog in furious "I really need to get caught up" fashion, there has to be a random post crammed with all the things I don't want to forget but cant really figure out how to devote a whole post to.  So here you go...summer randomness.

We always spend as much time in the sand as humanly possible here in Seattle.  But for me to call it an actual beach day it must be at least 90 degrees and warrant sun screen.  There weren't many of these days this summer but you better believe we soaked it up when we could, recruiting friends along the way.

Another summer favorite is spending time at the splash park with friends.



And what would summer be without at least one or two outdoor movies in the park filled with friends and lots of treats


And probably one of my very favorite things to do here in the summer (besides my beloved beach) is pick berries.  Especially when we get to spend a few hours at the base of Mt. Si.  Amazing!








We were lucky to be invited to a pool party this summer.  There isn't much pool time had here in the PNW unless you are a member of a club or taking lessons which are all indoors of course.  So we had a fun day playing at the pool with friends.



And our working girl found some time in between helping at dance camps to attend a theatre camp with a friend.

We started off the summer on a sad note, saying goodbye to our good friends the Fairbanks.  Bex, Grace, Ronnie and I each lost a best friend all in one swoop.  It has been rough and we don't miss them any less as time has passed.  However, we know they are where they are supposed to be and we will definitely be seeing them again soon.

Grace couldn't take it
the mommas
Typical

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

That picture of the berry picking at the base of the mountain is amazing! And I can totally relate to your lack of beach weather and your pictures wearing jackets in the summer. All the amazing green has to come with a price :) Sounds like you guys had a wonderful summer, I hope you're surviving the long cold winter!

Jill H. said...

I love your summer randomness! Except for the Fairbanks moving. That was summer sadness!