Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Camping round 2

Well after the last camping adventure I was pretty sure I would never go again.  But we had already planned a fun trip with some close friends and I didn't want to be a total party pooper.  Besides, one of my friends was going with her three kids, no husband, and pregnant!  Such a show off.  So I packed it all back up and went again.  This time we were headed to the beach.  I love the beach so camping there has to be better...right?
Well it was.  The rain held off, at least through the night and the beach provided some crazy fun for the kids.  It was a beautiful spot and we had so much fun with our friends whom we consider family.
And you better believe we built that fire right up and parked our bums there after kids were in bed.  We deserved it!

 (All the good pictures are courtesy of Jill and her nice camera.  All the not so good pictures are courtesy of me and my iphone :)












 The next day we all went out and rented some crab pots.  It was later in the day so there weren't many caught but we did have a few keepers...a few.  But the kids just love the experience.  Its all they can do to keep themselves from pulling those pots out every 10 seconds.






We are so lucky to have such close friends surrounding us here in Washington

7 comments:

Matt said...

Dang.

foreveryoung said...

Oh man, pregnant and camping with kids and no husband--props to her!! Yes, you definitely don't have an excuse after that. Glad your camping experience ended on a good note, you really can never go wrong at the beach :)

Sarah Carlston said...

Ah man....this post makes me happy for you guys to go camping with awesome people but sad we aren't there to camp with you!!! I miss you all!

Sarah Carlston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Carlston said...

And I agree with Matt....Dang!

Melanie said...

You have some great pics there. That was a fun camping trip. And we are going camping again...it is a must!!!

Jill H. said...

Uh, Jill's nice camera or Jill's amazing photog skills?? ;)
That was a fun trip, and that says a lot coming from someone who doesn't love camping. :)