Tuesday, February 18, 2014

going out with a bang

Summer is almost over (ok, it's WAY over but just play along) but we went out partying.  A trip to the Zoo and a mommy daughter night to see Taylor Swift in concert was a pretty awesome end to a pretty awesome summer.
The zoo is always a hit but when you go with friends and laugh the whole day it's even better.  These kids crack us up and they were on one that day.  I just remember it taking us FOREVER to see all of 5 animals and we really didn't care.  Between the craziest picnic in the middle of the zoo and the carousel ride I didn't have enough money for, we did see some animals.  A few.






 The next night Madison and I FINALLY got to see Taylor Swift in concert.  We had been waiting for SO long.  I bought the tickets last fall and gave them to her for her birthday in November and then we waited all the way to August to see her!  It was SO worth the wait.  We had the best night!  The show was amazing but just being there with Madison and her girlfriends made it even better.  She was so happy the whole night and thanked me over and over.  It really was a night to remember.

We took the girls to dinner before the show and they were giddy and giggling all the way.  I have to admit, the moms were pretty excited too.  We listened to her RED cd the whole way and sang right along.  

Madison, Sophia, and Isabel





 I love this girl of mine.  I look forward to all the fun times we will get to share in the future.  She's one special little lady and I am grateful that she's mine.

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

That concert was the all time best, it is so fun having daughters old enough to do stuff together that you both enjoy. I only wish we could have enjoyed it TOGETHER!! Yes, what a great summer you had and what a great way to end it and so glad it's almost your summer again so I can read more about your adventures!

Melanie said...

Looks like an awesome concert! And fun memory too. You definitely made the most of your summer with your kiddos!