Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pre school, 2nd and 5th

Three kids in three different grades at three different schools.  Thank goodness for carpools!
Grace started preschool this year.  2 days a week she goes for 3 hours with 3 of her best friends to Sammamish Learning Center where Beckham went.  It is SO fun to drive their carpool and listen to them chat away about princesses and puppies and all the important things 3 year olds love.  Her first day we got to go into her class with her.  She is just like her big sister and walked right in and got to work. She loves her teachers Mrs. Trish and Miss Laura and is having the best time at school.  She loves to "do her homework" like her sister and brother and will request I make some for her almost daily.  She is spunky and full of energy and her teacher says she is "a little spitfire".  That is always a really nice way of saying someone is crazy but I already knew that.  And I love her still.





 Miss Madison is in her third and final year of the Merlin program at Endeavour Elementary school.  She loves her teacher Mrs. Ralph and remains close with her cute friends Anna, Indu and Melody.  She is excited for Middle School next year because she gets to see all of her Grand Ridge friends again!  She is such a good student.  I hope she knows just how proud we are of her and her efforts in school.  It is a parents dream to know that their child is getting good grades, making good friends and being a good example in class.  She is such a well rounded kid and we couldn't be happier.
I know it looks like Madison gets the bum end of the deal with just one picture but she is over the first day of school thing.  One picture was all I got and there was no chance I was getting out of the car at school to take any.  None!


 Beckham.  Oh Beckham.  My sweet second grader.  Bex developed some anxiety this summer and has had a hard time with new situations.  We left him crying at soccer camp, friends houses, and now school.  It's heart breaking to see him so worried and nervous to leave our side.  He has worked hard on being brave and trying new things "at least once".  He has come so far this year.  It took a few days but he eventually got the hang of it and is comfortable in his class.  He loves his teacher Mrs. Atkinson and she has been so patient and kind to him and to us.  It makes such a huge difference.  
I could tell it was going to be a hard first day.  I just didn't think it would be this hard.  
He was trying his very best to smile for us but I could see he was nervous.


Brogan, Bex, Noah, Charlie, and Charlie's little brother ;)

 We said our goodbyes
 And then this happened.  He lost it.  I convinced him to walk with Brogan to the door and I would follow him.  Hoping he would get caught up in the rush of kids and just wave goodbye
 I think Brogan was practically dragging him along.

 But he turned around and ran back out and grabbed on for dear life.  We tried talking, we tried getting him excited, we tried everything we could think of.  Eventually Ronnie had to pry him off of me and take him into his class.  He stayed outside in the hall and cried as Ronnie left.  His teacher was standing at the door greeting kids and she later told me that she talked to him a little before the bell rang and when she had to go in he wanted to stay in the hall a little longer and stop crying.  Eventually he made it inside on his own and was fine the rest of the day.  


He came out happy and remained so until the next morning.  More crying, more clinging and more heart break as he hugged me tight and pleaded to just let him stay at home with me.  Oh how I wanted to let him.  Every part of me wanted to wrap him up and never let him go.  It was a really hard week for all of us.  But he did it.  He got over it and now goes to school happily each and every day.  I'm not convinced we are in the clear just yet.  I am preparing for another round next year.  But I know now that he will get through it and all will be well.  My mom assured me I was the exact same way and I got over it...eventually.  This little guy just has my heart.  He is the sweetest 7 year old I know.  I just love him to pieces.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok you had me laughing at the beginning with your "spitfire" just like her momma little, so proud of miss M (who so often lately reminds me of me) and then finally in tears over that sweet little boy who loves so big, killing me all over again that he was so very sad. jeez!
but nice writing sis ;o)

Matt said...

Your kids are awesome. We love & miss them. And they have the best parents too.

foreveryoung said...

Ha! So funny about your spitfire comment, but it makes me sad that I don't know her personality I always thought she was so timid and quiet! We live too far away! And little miss Madison isn't so little anymore, such a beautiful and well rounded young woman she is growing into, you definitely have reason to be proud! And sweet Bex just breaks my heart, such a hard thing for a mama to go through. So glad it's getting better!

Jill H. said...

Can't believe Grace is old enough for preschool but you can tell she totally owns it! I think Madison is awesome, as do my girls, and sweet little Bex. Poor little guy, but so proud of him for his triumph!!!!