Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Christmas 2013

Wait, what?  Christmas you say?  Yes indeed!  The last post of 2013!  Never mind that I am nearly 6 months behind but hey, Blurb book 2013 will be hot off the press in no time!

Christmas was spent in Oregon at my sister's house in Eugene.  It is like a cabin in the woods so it was a pretty fun spot for a winter holiday.  But first we kicked things off here in Seattle with a small snow day and our very own Santa to help decorate the tree. 



 Then it was over the hills and through the woods, off to Auntie Kellee and Uncle Robbs house.   Our car was packed full to the brim with presents and excited kids.
Once we arrived the fun never ended...
Teepees, lantern walks, rainbow loom parties, NORAD, delicious food, basket ball games, metal detecting treasure hunts, hot springs, and getting to see our very own little dancer on national television, TWICE!!!

BYU played the UofO, it was a hard decision.  I didn't have any BYU gear with me so I went with the Ducks.  With the fear of divorce in my future I didn't cheer to loudly.  BYU lost, but luckily, I am still married
Hey dad, don't look so excited!
 My parents gave us and my sister and brother-in-law a trip to a local hot springs resort near Eugene and an offer to babysit the kids.  So we all headed out and had a really great time.  It was cold and misty but perfect to hang out in the hot springs.  It was a beautiful spot and we had a cute little cabin to stay in.

 Letters and cookies for Santa
Watching Santa on NORAD.  Best way to get the kids to go to bed!
All tucked in
 Breakfast with Kellee

 Santa gave us all these fancy socks



 My sister made this teepee for the kids and they LOVE it!

 Bex got a metal detector from Santa.  Ronnie helped him out and set up the coolest treasure hunt where he found soda, coins, toys and lots of fun things in metal boxes



 We had some friends record the Disney Parade for us and went over to their house Christmas night to see if we could catch a glimpse of Madison.  Sure enough we saw her!  It was super exciting!


 And then we took our crazies and headed home!
 We had the best time and are so grateful for our sweet family.  Thank you for hosting us Kellobb

5 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Yay for blurb books!! It makes all those hours of blogging worth it (and the fact that I get to keep up with your cute family :) What a perfectly cozy Christmas, the picture with your kids in the foggy woods is my favorite, although the sock picture with Grace flashing her undies is a close second! Still so awesome that Maddie got her 15 minutes of fame and the hot springs sound dreamy. This is getting me all excited for Christmas and since it's winter over here I feel like it should be right around the corner!

Melanie said...

Merry Christmas! :) Actually, I am jealous that you are keeping up with getting your blogs published...that is my plan...but man it takes so much time. So way to go, you are awesome!!!

And I loved reading about your Christmas! The pictures of Grace showing her socks is priceless. And Beckham wanting a metal detector is about the cutest thing. So glad Maddie could see herself on TV...super cool. Looked like a wonderful holiday for your sweet fam!

Jill H. said...

Sounds like such a fun way to spend Christmas! Love that you got a get-away with your sis and bro-in-law, too!

Anonymous said...

christmas is so much fun with you guys! that little bellybutton in the socks photo is adorable! thanks for making me an auntie, it's the best!!
love you and your "crazies"

Chelsea L said...

I love your sweet family so so much! Looks like a wonderful Christmas :) I love the sock picture lol, Grace cracks me up!