Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

I was talking to my mom on the phone tonight and I told her we have already had a crazy day and it was only 4:00. Today started out with Madison's preschool Halloween party. They went trick or treating with the rest of the school and decorated and ate cookies and cupcakes. It was noon when we got home and she was already loaded with sugar. Of course being the crazy mom that I am, I made her eat lots of vegetables and drink only water for lunch.

Later in the day we put the costumes on again, had a photo shoot (thank goodness because I forgot the camera later that evening!) and went to the office for more trick or treating! The ladies at our apartment managing headquarters love seeing the kids when we come in to turn in paperwork so we had to go and show off the costumes.

We stopped off at the grocery store on the way home where a nice lady in the parking lot stopped us to give us more candy because she thought Madison was too cute to pass up.

We went home, started making Butternut Squash soup and
got ready to go to our friends house for dinner and trick- or -treating. The Watts live in an actual neighborhood with houses, not apartments, so they took pity on us and invited us to go trick-or-treating over there. We ate soup to get warm before we left and then we were off for trick-or-treating. It was fun, Madison's friend Abby was a bride, Abby's brother was Nacho Libre (oh I am so mad I forgot my camera!), their other friend Penelope was a fairy, and her sister was a witch. Madison was so excited that she ran from door to door all night. We were lucky that there was only one close call with her tripping on a welcome mat and nearly spilling her load of candy all over the ground. She was too cute, if she forgot to say "trick-or-treat" or "thank you" she would run back up to the door and say "trick-or-treat thank you," and run away. At one house she kept telling the man "thank you" over and over because he wasn't saying your welcome. So she turned around and yelled "mom, he didn't say your welcome!" She is truly one of a kind!

I guess you know when it is time to come home when your kid refuses to carry their candy bucket because it is too heavy! She could have gone all night if someone carried the bucket for her! Beckham was so excited about it all that he fell asleep for most of the fun. We finally got home and had hot chocolate and watched Nacho Libre with the Watts'.

It was a great evening full of good friends, great fun, and lots and lots of sugar! We hope you all had wonderful Halloween as well!
































2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

you're pretty on top of the blog thing too, maybe we're both just nerds..anyways, I don't care becasue I loved reading all about your Halloween. I loved the play by play account of your whole evening, that cracked me up about the whole "your welcome" thing, you've raised her right, good job! They both looked way too cute in their costumes and I still want to know how you get them to both smile so good in all the pictures! I'm glad you guys had a fun Halloween, thanks for sharing it with us!

foreveryoung said...

you're pretty on top of the blog thing too, maybe we're both just nerds..anyways, I don't care becasue I loved reading all about your Halloween. I loved the play by play account of your whole evening, that cracked me up about the whole "your welcome" thing, you've raised her right, good job! They both looked way too cute in their costumes and I still want to know how you get them to both smile so good in all the pictures! I'm glad you guys had a fun Halloween, thanks for sharing it with us!