Sunday, October 22, 2006

So we just got back from church, we have been attending our old ward in Menlo Park until just a few weeks ago. We have been initiated very well into our new ward, I have already substituted in primary, we have all given talks, even Madison, Ronnie has a calling, and Maddie bore her testimony for the very first time. We are so proud of her, she saw another little girl get up and do it so she wanted to as well. She drug Ronnie up there and did a great job. She wants to do it again. Today when I was telling her that Ronnie and I were going to talk in the "big church" (that is what she calls sacrament meeting) and she was going to talk in primary class, she said "no, I want to talk in the "big church". How I wish she could have taken my place! No, it actually went really well. We talked on obedience. People always say that they think they were given a certain topic to talk about because they need to work on that particular subject themselves, are they trying to tell us something?

The kids are doing well, except with Madison in Preschool we are getting every cold bug that is out there this year. Everyone tells me it is good to get it now because they will build up their immunities but it is such a pain when we finally get over one cold and the next week another one hits!

We had a huge success in the search for Madison's Halloween costume. I had been having a hard time with her recent choices of the Little Mermaid or Jasmine because all the costumes out there were pretty immodest and made my 3 year old look like she was trying to be Brittany spears. And you all know me, not the most skilled when it comes to sewing costumes, (sorry gram and mom, I just don't think I will ever live up!) Anyway, we went to the Disney store to look at their selection. I was dragging my feet taking her because I had visions of myself trying to convince Madison that Snow White looks just as pretty as Jasmine or Ariel but not as... ummm, cold! Instead, she walked in, saw the very cute and sparkling red with white pokadot Minnie Mouse costume and was sold! So was I, it showed no mid drift, had sleeves, and was %50 off! She has decided that Beckham will be Mickey Mouse and all is well! We will be sure to share some pictures in a future post.

I have to share a funny story with you all that demonstrates a little of my daughters silly personality, and outgoing nature. I was at the door speaking with an apartment vendor when the phone rang, seeing that I was not going to answer the phone, Madison decided to help mommy out and try answering it herself. I never thought she would figure it out, you have to push a certain button that is not too obvious if you can't read. I guess she managed to find it because I hear her say "hello?" I heard her say "yes, no, ok," and then she came to me with the phone and said "mommy, its Grandma Chapman" so I told her to just talk to her for a few more minutes and I would be right there. So she did, I finished up with my vendor, about 5 more minutes, and Madison said "I love you, goodbye!" and she handed me the phone. I said "hi, how are you" well the voice on the other end of the line was not Grandma Chapman's. The lady on the other end replies "can I speak with the owner?" Boy was I surprised, it definitely was not Grandma Chapman. I am not too sure what all they discussed, but after apologizing profusely and thanking the lady for talking to my daughter for 5 minutes I got off the phone and told Madison it wasn't Grandma Chapman. "No mamma," she replied, "it was Nana Blanchard" "no," I told her, " it wasn't Nana either." She then looked at me a little confused, smiled, and said, "Oh, that's silly mommy!" I think she misses her grandma's!

Beckham is still as happy as can be, he even got Madisons cold this week and is still just as good even when he doesn't feel well. He has recently discovered his voice, and I think he likes the sound of it. We frequently hear him "squealing like a girl", he gets so proud of himself and just does it more and more, and louder and louder. It is quite entertaining, at least Beckham thinks so.

My parents are coming to visit us this week. We are excited to see them and for them to be able to see how big Beckham is getting. They just change so quickly that a few months seems like years. They haven't seen the kids since August so it is time. We will be spending a lot of time just hanging out with the kids so that Nana and Papa can have some good quality time with them. That seems to be what we love to do anyway, now that we have two, we catch ourselves not wanting to go out and "party" so much, instead we prefer to hang out as a family. Its the BEST! We hope you all have a great week, untill next time!

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

Loved the post (I know, it's a little late...). That story of Maddie was so cute, whoever it was on the phone must have really wanted the sale if they were willing to talk to a 3 year old for 5 minutes! Seriously Jod, how do you get your kids to take such good pictures? At that age I could never get them to both sit and smile! I'm sure you're having fun with your parents and I can't wait to hear how the party goes tomorrow. Have a safe trip!