Hooray fo
r Nana and Papa! 
My mom and dad were here this week and we had a great time hanging out with the kids and just being together. The kids loved having Nana and Papa around; they soaked up all the spoiling! Me too; they are so good to us when they are here in helping with cooking, cleaning, and watching the kids. I am able to get a few more things done during the day with extra sets of hands! Beckham was a little sick a few of the days, but despite not feeling well he was a trooper, smiling and being as good as ever. I am not sure how I got so lucky in the kid departmet, but they are just the sweetest things!
One of those things I was able to do was go out to River Bank, CA to celebrate little Curran Pace's first birthday with his family. We went to a park, had cake and ice cream, and let a whole bunch of balloons go into the sky. We wanted to symbolize Curran's freedom from cancer and journey to heaven. The kids loved seeing the balloons get away before we had a chance to let them go. It was a very windy day and we all knew that Curran just wanted his balloons as fast as he could get them! It was a hard day, but so very worth it. We miss you little Buddy!


Madison's preschool went to the pumpkin patch this week and my parents were able to go along with us. It was fun for them to meet Madison's friends and see her preschool in action. The kids enjoyed hay rides, a petting zoo, pony rides, running through the hay maze and picking out pumpkins to take home. My mom got me a squash to make spaghetti with (I made it Sunday mom and it was yummy!) The other little blondie in the picture is Audrey, one of Madison's best friends at school. Her mom and I think they could be sisters, they look so much alike.


We were able to take my parents into the city a few times to see Kellee and Robb. One one occasion we went to Golden Gate Park and piled into a few paddle boats to take around Stow Lake. It was a lot of fun and such a great day for it. We loved looking at the ducks, hunting for turtles, taking turns at the oars, and soaking up the warm San Francisco fall weather. October and November are great months in the city, usually warm and sunny.
We really enjoyed having my parents here and are so grateful for them. We can't wait for the end of November to be able to go visit them for Thanksgiving and Madison's 4th Birthday. She has requested a pony party, a fitting theme for a party at Nana and Papa's house I think!
So that is a little bit of our week. Stay tuned for pictures of Halloween, should be great! Oh, and can I just say how much I really don't like Daylight Savings?!! Not only is it getting dark at like 5pm but my kids got up at 6am this morning! Ronnie is laughing right now, that is sleeping in for him!
We love you all, take care and check back soon!

2 comments:
Adorable as always! It sounds (and looks) like you had so much fun with your parents in town, of course it made me miss having my parents close! That was fun to see Maddie's class too, Kylie thinks it's so cool that she's in preschool too. Oh, we did rent out our house, so we're starting to discuss vacation plans, we'll keep you posted so we can work out schedules. Have a happy Halloween, can't wait to see pictures of your little mice!
love,
Jamie
Jodee Dad and I so appreciate your blog - your journaling is fun and well done - you must have gotten your creative writing skills from your father. Keep it up I love it
Much love, mom
Post a Comment