It's been a good
few weeks. Lots to get done but lots to enjoy as well. I will start with a few pictures of the kids in their BYU outfits.
We went to the house of some friends in our old ward to watch the BYU /TCU game, and then invited some people over to our house to watch the BYU/San Diego State game. Both games were fun, we won so Ronnie has been in a great mood the past few weeks. Go Cougs!
Beckham is getting bigger and bigger. We took him to his 4 month check up and he was 15lbs! He is 10th percentile in height but 75th in weight. Short, chubby, and fuzzy head, just the way we like it!
Madison was also a little chubbers when she was his age. I think it's in the genes, my nickname was pumpkin, go figure! He has recently found his fingers and just loves to get them in his mouth. He isn't a thumb sucker, he likes his index and middle fingers. He is just the happiest baby and so good. I always thought Madison was a good baby, (once she got the bottle!) but I am getting spoiled with this one, Beckham is just the sweetest thing.
Madison continues to love preschool. She was excited that mommy got to help in her class this wee
k during picture day. What a time we had! It was fun, but I am not sure where those kids get all that energy and how their teachers keep up with them each day. Madison is learning a lot and she is currently working on writing her letters by herself, learning the days of the week, recognizing her name when she sees it written, and getting ready for Halloween. She has changed her mind from Belle, to Buzz Light Year, to The Little Mermaid, and now wants to be Jasmine with Beckham as Abu the monkey. We will let you know what it is next week when we actually go to get the costume. Hopefully that is where it stops!
We ended the past few weeks with a special day with our good friends Todd, Becca, Savannah, and Claire Pace. We met them while living in Utah and they moved out to California just after we did. They are a sweet family and unfortunately have been through a lot this year. Their little baby boy, Curran Todd Pace, was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was just 2 months old. He fought so hard for 8 long months. Curran is the bravest little boy I have met. He went through many rounds of Chemo Therapy, got Pneumonia, had many transfusions, countless medications, and tubes going in and out of his
tiny body yet he continued to smile through it all. I am sure Curran was born with angel wings, but he stretched them out and returned to his heavenly home just shy of 10 months old. Next week on the 25th would have been Currans first birthday. He will be celebrating in heaven while we celebrate here on earth. I have been forever changed by this little hero. He has taught me many many lessons, but the greatest of all, he has taught me to never take anything for granted. Currans name means "smiling hero", and he lived his name perfectly. Curran continued to smile through all of his treatments, through feeling sick, tired, hurt, and I am sure he was scared. I know if Curran can do all that, I can take what minimal trials I have, and continue smiling, remembering what is really important and what blessings I enjoy each day I am here. Curran will always have a piece of my heart, I will never forget him and what he has taught me and my family. His parents, Becca and Todd are just as strong. They have been rocks, taking care of their two sweet daughters Savannah and Claire while never leaving Curran's side. I was able to visit Becca out in Modesto in May with another of our friends and see a small glimpse into what life was like for them.
Traveling to and from the hospital, which is an hour away from their home, and having to constantly be away from each other while one took care of the girls and the other tended to Curran. I could never imagine or try to explain what life was like during those eight months, but I know that they wouldn't have traded it for the world. Each moment they spent with Curran was heavenly. They know that Curran has great work to do. He has already accomplished so much with his short stay here on earth and he still continues to touch lives every day. I am blessed to have met Curran and will be forever changed because of him.


Now that you have all met Curran, I will continue with our weekend. On Saturday we met Todd, Becca, Savannah, and Claire at a pumpkin patch near Modesto California. We spent the day playing with the kids, catching up, and enjoying their family. It was so nice to share in the spirit of their family. The girls loved playing together and have already planned our next play date together. Besides the pony rides and the blue snow cone, the highlight was the pumpkin blasters. Ronnie started out shooting the pumpkins across a field to try and make it through a target. He didn't have much success so he passed the gun over to Maddie who proceeded to make it through a small hole in the target and rang the bell on the first shot. Sharp shooter.
We then returned home to get ready for our Light The Night Walk. I am sure most of you received the email regarding our participation in this LTN walk to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. We are so happy to announce that we met our goal of raising $500 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. Thank you to all of you who helped us meet that goal! It was a great evening to be together walking for Curran. He sent us a "kiss" from heaven and let us know he was proud of us. Thanks Curr! 

So there you have a few highlights from the past weeks. Check back to see what the next few weeks have in store. We love you all, take care, and remember what is most important in life, cherish it, and never take it for granted.
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great entry and I especially loved all of the pictures. I'm so glad you were able to meet your goal, what a great thing to be a part of. It sounds like you guys are staying busy and enjoying life, thanks for letting me be a part of it through your blog! I saw that you called when I got home last night, but it was too late to return the call, so I'll give you a call today!
love,
Jamie
Great pictures! Curran...what a beautiful, happy little boy. What a great picture of him. It's terrible to lose someone so close to you to such a terrible disease and such torturous treatments. Becky can really sympathize first hand. You guys sure are active and involved it's great!
Love,
Ryan & Beck
Post a Comment