Monday, November 20, 2006

Best Friends Together again!


This week was a visit to Arizona for Ronnie's Grandma's funeral. It was a nice service and a good visit with friends and family. We were blessed to be able to stay at the Young's beautiful home while we were there. Jamie and I met a few years ago while living in Utah. We hit it off really well and have remained best friends ever since. Madison and her daughter Kylie are 6 months apart and get along great! We had a great time catching up and spending time together.
We spent the days with friends and family, letting Kylie and Madison rekindle their friendship and the evenings were filled with episodes of "the office", lots of laughing, and late night chats with Jamie. Sorry for keeping you up boys, we tried to contain the laughter but it's almost impossible when "bossom buddies" reunite!
While living close in Utah we were always finding ourselves buying the same clothes for our girls without even realizing it. One day while in Arizona I pulled out some clothes to dress Madison in and sure enough, Kylie had the same shirt in her closet. So, the girls enjoyed being twinners for the day. The girls played so well and we had a hard time saying goodbye. Luckily we will be able to see them soon when they come out here to San Francisco to visit us!

The week went a little like this:
Thursday was filled with family and remembering Grandma Chapman. Dad C. came down the day after Grandma passed away followed by Mom C. and Bethie the day before the service. They were of great help to Grandpa Chapman and Uncle Cliff in helping them get the house cleaned up as things had gotten away from Grandma and Grandpa Chapman a little bit in their old age. Dad C. did a wonderful job giving Grandma's life history at the funeral and then saying the dedicatory prayer at the interment. Also, at the interment it was a touching experience for each of the Grandkids and Great Grandkids to be able to each place a rose on Grandma's casket. Lastly, there was a luncheon back at the church afterwards. It was nice to be able to see family that we hadn't seen in a while. That evening we went out to a Chapman family favorite, Poncho's, for dinner. We had lots of laughs thanks to Dad and the Chapman clutz genes. I think a few tears were shed while laughing so hard. We love you Dad C.!


Friday we had more family time at Grandpa Chapman's house and then went to lunch with Rustin Randall and Mark Freeman, some friends that Ronnie worked with in Utah who now live in Arizona. The Freemans were kind enough to lend us their big truck for the weekend. I think Ronnie enjoyed being a "truck man". Then it was back to the Youngs for naps for Bex and playing outside with the girls. Maddie really enjoyed the big yard and open space in front of their house. They rode bikes, ran throug the mud, and pretended to get married all in a few hours. It was funny to watch Madison get used to all the running and open spaces, she is such a city girl! We then threw them in the shower and headed off to Cafe Rio for dinner, Yummy!

Saturday we had a fun morning playing with the kids, while Ronnie went golfing with his old buddy Jason Bates. In the afternoon we went to some parks and toured model homes, allowing the boys to have a quiet house to watch the BYU game! (Vegas Bowl here we come!) While touring the model homes in the neighborhood Kylie and Maddie decided to pretend that they lived in the houses and Jamie and I were coming over to visit. They had a blast trying on the pretty shoes and taking showers in the big master suite! How cute!


After watching the BYU game, the boys let us have some girl time and took the kids to a park while Jamie and I had fun shopping without kids. Yes, for all you dads out there, this is a big deal, no kids in the mall is like driving a cart and having a caddy on the golf course instead of walking while carrying your clubs and those of a few friends, your clubs falling all over the course, trying to pick them up without letting the other clubs you're carrying fall out too, hearing thousands of birds chirping, wind blowing, rain pouring down, someome bumping you while trying to stifle a big sneeze as you take your very important shot. Does that paint a good picture? Needless to say it was a much needed break and so much fun to be just us again! Thanks boys!
Sunday we enjoyed a yummy steak lunch from Jamie and Jason, packed up, while the boys went on a bike ride with the girls, and then went to see our cousins Becky and Ryan and their 2 boys Ethan and new baby Declan. He is so cute!

I now find myself back at home, taking care of apartment messes and gearing up to go out to Oregon for Thanksgiving. AAAHHHHH!!! I remember when I couldn't wait for the holidays to get here and I would count the days until Christmas. Now I find myself hoping time will stand still for a while and the Holidays will wait until I am ready!

We hope you all have a great Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, and good food. I am so Thankful for my family, my health, my husband, and my sweet sweet kids. Take the time to tell them how thankful you are, who knows when you will be able to again. We love you all, Have a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

We miss you already! Once again, you have succeeded in posting another thoughtful and well written entry (I really need to get writing tips from you, mine are always blah, blah, blah). But Jod, I think you're having second thoughts about the leggings pics, I don't believe that memory stick hodge podge for one minute! :) By the way, what happened to you doing laundry at our house? I feel bad that you've been hauling laundry and kids up and down the stairs, you should have done it here, sorry I forgot! Anyways, have a great Turkey Day! Drive safe and the count down to San Fran is on!