Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!
This is the long anticipated thanksgiving/birthday weekend blog. It is so long that it will be in 4 parts. Yes, I know, 4 long and boring blog entries, but before you click out, there are lots of cute cute pictures. So many in fact that the blog site wouldn't let me post them all on one entry, thus you get 4! So keep reading!
This year we were able to drive up to Oregon to see my family in Powell Butte (Bend/Redmond area) My sister Kellee and her boyfriend Robb also came up and my Grandma Moon was there too. It was such a fun weekend. We celebrated many things, Thanksgiving of course, BYU beating Utah, and Madisons 4th birthday.

Thanksgiving Day was full of cooking, eating, and enjoying family. My Mom and Dad make a mean turkey, my Grandma makes the best gravy, my sister makes yummy pumpkin pies, and I had the mashed potatoes covered so we made a pretty good team. Ronnie set a beautiful table for us all to eat at and we had a lovely time.
My parents got this horse swing made out of tires. It was cute and Maddie loved it despite the freezing cold. We all went out in the morning in our pijamas to watch her swing.






And the real turkey is.... Beckham! Ronnie's friend from high school got him this cute onesie that has a turkey on it and says Hot Stuff.






Madison enjoyed helping Nana bake, she loves to help in the kitchen. She made some yummy whip cream.







Another Blanchard tradition is that on Thanksgiving, the boys always do the dishes. Not sure where it started, but I don't mind, I think it's a keeper! Shhhh, don't tell Ronnie, he thinks its supposed to happen every day, not just Thanksgiving!





We all had a great Thanksgiving, the kids enjoyed all the attention and I think Nana and Papa enjoyed giving it too. Beckham has been a little fussy since we got home, he starts to whine when I leave the room and if he is left to play by himself he doesn't last more than a few miniutes. I think somebody got a little too spoiled!

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

so much fun!!! being with family is what the holidays are all about. I can't believe all that snow! What fun traditions you guys have started. It totally reminded me of when my parents lived in utah, we (well, Jason and the boys) would always go and cut down a tree too. There was also a huge tubing hill by their house...lots of fun memories. I laughed out loud when you said that Ronnie listens to the BYU replay over and over on the internet, I was glad to hear Jason wasn't the only one! What a great game! I'm glad Maddie had a good b-day, what a cute cake! I'm glad you guys had an awesome Thanksgiving, what wonderful memories!