Friday, March 09, 2007

Christina Rocks O-town!
Anyone who knows Ronnie and I knows that we are suckers for a good concert. Living in the Bay Area has provided us with many opportunities to catch some great acts. Even if we are not number one fans, we still like a good show. So, last night Ronnie and I went to see Christina Aguilera in concert. We had a blast and were totally impressed with her show. Not only is she an amazing singer, but a fun performer. Sitting in row 10 on the floor couldn't get much better either. Not to mention sitting right next to the family of Christina's choreographer and one of her dancers. When we came to sit down there were some people in our seats, one of the girls was in a track suit with curlers in her hair. We thought she must be doing something but little did we know she was one of Christina's 8 main dancers. (she is the one in the sleeveless top next to Christina in the first picture.) It made it a lot of fun to talk to the girl next to me about her cousins. I found myself watching her cousin dance most of the time.

Danity Kane and the Pussy Cat Dolls opened for Christina. I wasn't impressed with either act. Danity Kane sounded terrible and the Pussy Cat Dolls were fun to listen to and dance to but I just couldn't get over their outfits and dance moves. Lets just say I will not be taking my daughter to either of their concerts. However, Christina was so much fun, a great show and beautiful voice. She did a sort of 50's theme, Moulon Rouge type show. There was even a circus number where her dancers were swinging from the ceiling, walking on stilts and throwing fire. We had so much fun dancing and singing along. I have never been a total Christina fan, just knew that she had a great voice and liked a few of her more popular songs. But I can really tell why she is famous, she belted out those songs for 2 hours straight never faltering a note. At the end she did a fun rendition of 'Fighter' and then a bunch of confetti shot out of cannons from the stage. Sounds a little corny but it was really neat to see tons and tons of paper flying around the Oakland Arena. We danced and sang with all the crazy teenagers and young single kids, but we can hold our own! Thanks to Rosa for watching the kids for us and to Ronnie for being such a hot date. So far this tops the list of our most favorite concerts we have seen together. I am sure there will be more to come.

4 comments:

foreveryoung said...

There's nothing like a surprise mid-week blog entry to get me all excited! What an awesome night, you crazy kids! Your seats and fellow concert buddies sounded amazing. See, the grass is always greener on the other side...you are always talking about wanting a house, etc., but I'm jealous of all the fun things you guys get to spend your money on since you're not tied down with a mortgage. Not that Jason would ever go to a Christina concert...but still. And I can't believe you didn't like Danity Kane, not even our "Rainbow Cadillac" song?? What an awesome night, thanks for sharing!

Jodee said...

Oh, don't let me misslead you, I love that song, but they just aren't good live. It was fun to see them perform because I did, shamefully, watch Making the Band. But they just can't sing live very well, they sounded like they were screaming into the mics. I could barely even make out the words to the songs I knew let alone the ones I didn't.

And I am sure Jason has an inner Christina passion that he would let loose just for you Jame.

Carson Calderwood said...

If Ronnie would have posted that I'm sure the review of the two opening acts would have been positive ;)

Those pix looked like something off of their press release with how close you guys were. Nice

foreveryoung said...

Wait, you took those pictures? I thought you got those off the internet or something. You guys really did have awesome seats!