Sunday, March 25, 2007

Beans, Beauty, and...Baile?


This weekend we were able to have a visit from Nana. My mom flew in for the weekend to see the kids and partake in a hula class at my sisters studio. My sister Kellee went to grad school in Hawaii. Her roommate while she was there, Noelani, is a gorgeous hula dancer and was able to come out here to SF and teach a hula workshop to the kids at Kellee's studio. She also did one for adults too. Madison took the morning hula session while my mom and I went for the afternoon class. It was a lot of fun and I have to say, I never knew my hips could move quite like that. After the Hula fun we were all pretty tired and just hung out in the city enjoying friends and family. The day before, my mom, Rosa and I were headed up to Kellee's house for a little pampering party courtesy of Noelani and her Arbonne skin care line. She beautified us and helped us relax a bit. It is great stuff, totally natural, botanical, and mostly organic. Don't we look pretty? We went to dinner before at a fun restaurant where we found that Beckham likes black beans. As you can see in the pictures he couldn't get enough of them. Other highlights included a picnic at the park with nana, a play date for Maddie, and Beckham's 9 month check up. He is healthy and happy.



Jam session with Uncle Robb-
Maddie and Uncle Robb ended up as twinners on Saturday, totally unplanned!



3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

I knew this was going to be a good post, just by the first picture of Maddie doin the hula. So fun, and I'm jealous, I want my mom to come!! I'm anxioulsy awaiting for you to upload the video of your hula class to your blog. What a great week and I love the twinners picture, that is such a funny coincidence. Have a good week!

Janessa said...

You can hula now, huh? That's impressive! I want to see a video of it too. Maddie looks like she had fun with it. I'm glad you had a great time with your mom. My family's visiting this week and I think we're going to have a girl party Saturday while the boys are at the preisthood session. I'll probably have face mask pictures next week to share. We need to get Jamie out here! You're invited too Jodee. We'll just make it a big girl bash! I love all the park pictures. It looks like your kids are enjoying the beautiful spring weather.

Jodee said...

Thanks guys, but I am happy to say no video was taken at the hula class. A few pictures from Noe's camera but nothing else to show except a few sore hips!